- 1 cup coconut water
- 3/4 cup plain yogurt (use dairy-free yogurt for dairy-free diets)
- 1 cup cubed pineapple
- 1 frozen banana, broken into chunks
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- In the base of a blender, combine the coconut water, yogurt, pineapple, banana, and chia seeds.
- Blend on high for about 30 seconds, or until the mixture is thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately.
- You can either cut up your own pineapple or you can look for pre-cut pineapple in the refrigerator section of most grocery stores. In a pinch, you can use frozen pineapple chunks or canned pineapple chunks.
- Try to use pineapple that is ripe and sweet for this smoothie. If your pineapple is not super sweet, you may need to add a teaspoon or two of honey or maple syrup to ensure that the smoothie is sweet.
- You can easily double this recipe for extra servings.
- You can use sweetened vanilla-flavored yogurt for extra sweetness and tropical flavor, if desired.
- The nutrition label for this recipe is based on using plain Greek yogurt.
- To make this recipe vegan, be sure to use a dairy-free yogurt like coconut yogurt or cashew yogurt.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Breakfast
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: pineapple banana smoothie with coconut water, vegan pineapple banana smoothie