- 6 ripe plums, chopped with the pit removed
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1 cup water (if using a blender)
- 2 teaspoons honey or maple syrup (optional, for extra sweetness)
- Cut the plums into large pieces that will fit through the feeding tube of a juicer. If you will be using a blender to make your juice, then cut your produce into smaller pieces than if you are using a juicer.
- If you are using a juicer, then run the fruit pieces through the juicer. Collect the juice in a pitcher, stir in the sweetener (if using), and serve immediately.
- If you are using a food processor or blender, add the plums, lemon, and sweetener (optional) to the base. Blend or process on high for 20-30 seconds, or until the mixture is smooth.
- Then, pour the blended juice through a nut milk bag, squeezing it from the top down to drain the juice into a pitcher. Discard the collected pulp, or save it and use it for another purpose.
- Serve the juice immediately.
- You can easily double or triple this recipe for more servings.
- Fresh juice is best served right after it’s made. But, it can be stored in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Feel free to add additional ingredients to your plum juice to liven it up. Add apples and up to a 1-inch piece of fresh ginger to make it a sweeter version with a zing.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Beverage
- Method: Blender or juicer
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 81
- Sugar: 18.7 g
- Sodium: 4.5 mg
- Fat: 0 g
- Saturated Fat: 0 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.8 g
- Fiber: 1.1 g
- Protein: 0.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: plum juice, fresh plum juice, how to make juice in a blender