This no-bake dessert recipe for Vegan Peanut Butter Pie with Tofu is so delicious and creamy. Nobody will ever believe it’s dairy-free, gluten-free, and made using silken tofu! This plant-based dessert recipe is made using real food ingredients.
- For the crust:
- 1 cup unsweetened, dried shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup raw almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- For the filling:
- 1 12–ounce package organic silken tofu
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder or cacao powder
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free chocolate chips (optional, for topping)
- To make the crust: Combine the coconut, almonds, and dates in a food processor. Turn on high and let the food processor run until the mixture has become well combined, about a minute.
- Transfer the crust mixture to a 9-inch pie plate or tart pan with removable bottom. Press the mixture thinly, firmly, and evenly onto the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- To make the filling: Combine the tofu, maple syrup, vanilla extract, cocoa powder and peanut butter in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Pour the blended mixture into the crust and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Place entire pie into the refrigerator for at least two hours or the freeze for one hour before serving so the filling can firm up.
- Serve chilled, with the chocolate chips sprinkled on top, so the pie filling remains firm.
- Store any leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
- Be sure to use silken tofu, not soft or firm.
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 hours
- Category: Dessert
- Method: No-Bake
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan chocolate pie, vegan tofu chocolate pie, vegan peanut butter pie