Since I’ve been on a bit of a pie-making spree lately (click here to see my Raw Strawberry Tart), I couldn’t wait to try a no-bake, raw pie crust.
Ingredients include shredded coconut, dry almonds, and dates:
You just process the ingredients and press n’ go:
I was having a choco-craving so this PB Chocolate Pie was born:
I used silken tofu, cacao, peanut butter, vanilla, soy milk, and dates for my filling:
- For crust:
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2/3 cup dry almonds
- 1 cup pitted dates
- For filling:
- 1 12-ounce package organic silken tofu
- 1 1/2 cups pitted dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup cacao
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- Crust: Combine the coconut, almonds, and salt in a food processor and pulse until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the dates, 2 to 3 at a time, pulsing between additions until well-incorporated and the mixture is crumbly but slightly sticky.
- Transfer to a 9-inch pie plate or tart pan with removable bottom. press the mixture thinly, firmly, and evenly onto the sides and bottom of the pan.
- Place the pan in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- Filling: Combine tofu, dates, vanilla extract, cacao, peanut butter, and soy milk in a high-speed blender and process until smooth.
- Use the tamper if necessary to push the ingredients into the blade.
- Pour the blended mixture over the crust and use a spatula to smooth the top.
- Place entire pie into the refrigerator for at least two hours before serving so filling can firm up.
- Serve cold.
Yeah, so this was awesome:
The raw crust recipe is fantastic and it held together really nicely, plus had the perfect amount of sweetness and great texture. And, don’t even get me started on how delicious the chocolate-peanut butter filling of this pie is.
Items recommended for this recipe:
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance.