This creamy Pumpkin Ice Cream uses coconut milk as the base, so it’s completely dairy-free, vegan, and paleo-friendly. Enjoy it as a fall treat, or at anytime of the year.
- 1 13.5-ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/3 cup of real maple syrup
- 1 cup pumpkin puree from a can
- Combine the coconut milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, maple syrup, and pumpkin puree into a high-speed blender or food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl and refrigerate until chilled (at least 2 hours).
- Pour the chilled mixture into an ice-cream make and follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
- You may need to freeze the ice cream an additional hour or so to harden.
If your ice cream is in the freezer for longer than 12 hours, you may need to defrost it on the countertop for 10-20 minutes to let is soften before scooping.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: ice cream maker
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin ice cream, coconut ice cream