This Vegan Raspberry Squash Smoothie is a delicious and healthy way to start the day. This satisfying recipe is perfectly sweet and full of fiber and nutrition.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen yellow squash or zucchini chunks (from about 1 medium squash)*
- 2 tablespoons dried shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- 1 scoop unsweetened protein powder
- Combine almond milk, dates, frozen raspberries, frozen squash, coconut, cocoa powder, and protein powder in the base of a high-speed blender.
- Process on high until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately**.
* You can use yellow squash or zucchini squash. To freeze the squash, cut it into 1-inch chunks. Lay the chunks on a baking sheet that has been lined with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet in the freezer and freeze for at least 6 hours or until frozen through. Place the frozen squash chunks in a zip-top bag and store in the freezer until you’re ready to make this recipe.
**To serve the smoothie as a smoothie bowl, pour the blended smoothie into a bowl. Top with granola and fresh raspberries, if desired.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: vegan squash smoothie, yellow squash smoothie, zucchini smoothie