This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Vegan Raspberry Cream Smoothie includes frozen squash chunks to add thickness and fiber. This delicious recipe is also unique because it’s banana-free and sweetened with dates.
Maybe you’re allergic or intolerant to bananas, or you’re just looking to make a smoothie without them. If so, then this Raspberry Cream Smoothie recipe is for you! Here’s the thing, though. You’ll need to make sure you’re using something else to add that creamy thickness that a frozen banana provides. In other words, you don’t want a watery smoothie.
This recipe is really thick and creamy with a delicious texture coming from frozen yellow squash (or zucchini) chunks. The squash is virtually tasteless, so nobody will ever know they’re getting their veggies while drinking this delicious smoothie.
Just don’t let any of the picky-eaters in your house see you making this smoothie; the yellow will give you away. 🙂
Frozen raspberries are also an amazing ingredient, because they are so healthy and vibrant in color. However, you’re going to need something to balance out that tartness. Dates to the rescue!
I used four Medjool dates in this recipe, and I find the natural sugars sweeten the smoothie perfectly. The potassium from the dates is also super nutritious and great for active folks.
Isn’t the color perfectly scrumptious?Print
This Vegan Raspberry Cream Smoothie includes a serving of vegetables.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 4 Medjool dates, pitted
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 1 cup frozen yellow squash or zucchini chunks (from about 1 medium squash)
- 2 tablespoons dried shredded coconut (unsweetened)
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder or 1 teaspoon cacao nibs
- Combine almond milk, dates, frozen raspberries, frozen squash, coconut, and cocoa powder in the base of a high-speed blender.
- Process on high until smooth and creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
You can use yellow squash or zucchini squash.
Items recommended for this Vegan, Paleo, & Dairy-Free Raspberry Cream Smoothie recipe (affiliate links included):
- High-speed blender, I use a Blendtec with a noise-cancelling cover
- Homemade almond milk, see how I do it here
- Organic unsweetened coconut
- Organic cocoa powder, non-alkalized or organic cacao nibs
Be sure to pin this Vegan & Banana-Free Raspberry Cream Smoothie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later!
Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!