Here’s a copycat version of the delicious Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad. This salad can be served right out of the bowl, or on top of lettuce or toast. Gluten-free and dairy-free.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pieces), cooked and cut into 1-inch chunks
- ½ cup prepared mayonnaise
- ¼ cup prepared mango chutney
- ¼ cup sliced or chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dried currants (you can also use dried cranberries or raisins, if you prefer)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, mayonnaise, mango chutney, almond, curry powder, and dried currants.
- Stir to combine. Refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld, or serve immediately.
- There are many ways to cook the chicken. My favorite method is to oven-bake the chicken breasts for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
- You can also cook chicken in the Instant Pot. Place the chicken pieces on top of the trivet. Add one cup of water and lock on the lid. Set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure. Let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then remove the lid, and use tongs to transfer the cooked chicken to a serving plate.
- Store any leftover chicken salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: Whole Foods recipe, curry chicken salad, paleo lunch recipe