Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad (Copycat)
Here’s a copycat version of the delicious Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad. This salad can be served right out of the bowl, or on top of lettuce or toast. Gluten-free and dairy-free.
Now you can have this popular Whole Foods chicken salad anytime you want. You only need 15 minutes and 6 ingredients to whip up this crave-worthy dish.
- This Whole Foods Curry Chicken Salad tastes just like the deli version.
- This healthy and clean eating salad tastes even better the next day after all of the flavors have combined.
- This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free. Most mayonnaise and mango chutney brands don’t contain gluten or dairy ingredients. Always be sure to check the label first though.
I recommend using a quality mayonnaise brand that uses avocado oil or olive oil (I like the Primal Kitchen mayo). Learn more about the safest and healthiest oils to use in your kitchen (and why you never want to consume or use vegetable oils).
Mango chutney is a less common ingredient, but it adds sweetness and is essential to a curry chicken recipe. The Brooklyn Dehli brand is low in sugar and has no high-fructose corn syrup. Mango chutney is made from ripe mangos, fresh ginger, golden raisins, & lemon juice along with garam masala spices.
In a medium bowl, combine all the ingredients.
Stir to combine and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Serve by itself, on lettuce, or on toast.
Yes, chicken thighs will work too. Trim the fat from the thighs before cooking and then cut into chunks.
There are multiple ways to do it but an easy and effective way is to bake your chicken at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes.
Store any leftover chicken salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Although you can freeze chicken salad I would not recommend it as mayo does not freeze well.
Other Healthy Chicken Recipes You Might Like
- Clean Eating Chicken Salad
- Keto Chicken Fajitas
- Slow Cooker Chicken Curry with Sweet Potatoes
- Air Fryer Lemon Garlic Chicken
- Costco Chicken Salad
Or, check out all of my Clean Eating Chicken recipes.
More Copycat Chicken Recipes You Might Like
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts (about 3 pieces), cooked and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup prepared mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup prepared mango chutney
- 1/4 cup sliced or chopped almonds, toasted
- 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 2 tablespoons dried currants (you can also use dried cranberries or raisins, if you prefer)
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cooked chicken, mayonnaise, mango chutney, almond, curry powder, and dried currants.
- Stir to combine. Refrigerate the salad for 30 minutes to let the flavors meld, or serve immediately.
- There are many ways to cook the chicken. My favorite method is to oven-bake the chicken breasts for 25-30 minutes at 350°F.
- You can also cook chicken in the Instant Pot. Place the chicken pieces on top of the trivet. Add one cup of water and lock on the lid. Set the time to 10 minutes at high pressure. Let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then remove the lid, and use tongs to transfer the cooked chicken to a serving plate.
- Store any leftover chicken salad in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Chicken
- Method: Easy
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: Whole Foods recipe, curry chicken salad, paleo lunch recipe
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.