This Broccoli Sprout Smoothie is a superfood breakfast full of phytonutrients and cancer-fighting compounds. It’s a nourishing dairy-free and vegan recipe that only takes a few minutes to make.
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1/4 cup hemp seeds
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1/2 cup broccoli sprouts, rinsed well
- 1 banana, frozen
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/4 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Combine the water, hemp seeds, spinach, broccoli sprouts, banana, strawberries, pineapple chunks, and cocoa powder into the base of a high-speed blender.
- Process on the “smoothie” mode or for at least 45 seconds on high until completely blended.
- The texture should be smooth and creamy. Serve immediately.
- You can double this recipe if you want more servings.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours.
- If you are sensitive to bitter flavors, you can use half the amount of broccoli sprouts.
- Grow your own broccoli sprouts using my guide to growing broccoli sprouts.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 mins
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: how to use broccoli sprouts in a smoothie, rhonda patrick smoothie, how to eat broccoli sprouts