A seasonal, healthy treat that tastes like pumpkin pie!
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 10 pitted Medjool dates, about 1 cup
- For pumpkin pie spice dusting:
- 2 tablespoon maple sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- Combine almonds, hemp seeds, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and dates in the base of a food processor. Turn the processor on high for about 2 minutes. The ingredients should be well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and then use your hands to roll the dough into about 15 cookies, about 1-1/2” in diameter.
- To make the pumpkin pie spice dusting, place the maple sugar and pumpkin pie spice onto a plate. Roll each cookie in the sugar until covered.
- For the best texture and sweetness level, place the cookies in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to chill. The cookies can then be served cold or at room temperature.
You can freeze these cookies for up to 2 months in a tightly sealed container. Just defrost them then the fridge for about 4 hours before you serve them.