These vegan- and paleo-friendly Pumpkin Pie Bites are great for a seasonal, healthy treat. These cookies fall into the category of Energy Bites, meaning that they are a no-bake treat full of energizing ingredients.
This Pumpkin Pie Energy Bite recipe is a tweak on my classic Chocolate-Coconut version, but with the addition of pumpkin pie spice for that distinctively yummy pumpkin pie flavor. I’ve actually just updated this recipe to include a dusting of maple sugar on the outside.
I always make a batch this way for an anniversary party that I usually attend at my former gym around this time, and I know my health-minded friends will love them. Besides how clean the ingredients are in these Pumpkin Pie Bites, I just love how they only take 10 minutes or less to make. All you need are (clockwise, from top left in photo):
- Hemp seeds
- Shredded dried coconut
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Coconut oil
I’ve updated this recipe with a “how to” video!
I’ll be making another batch for a Halloween party this year. I honestly can’t get over making energy bites as a healthy treat to have on hand. Sometimes I make a double batch and freeze one. They only take about 30 minutes of de-frosting time in the fridge.
Here’s my printable recipe for these vegan, gluten-free, and paleo Pumpkin Pie Bites:Print
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 10 pitted Medjool dates, about 1 cup
- For pumpkin pie spice dusting:
- 2 tablespoon maple sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- Combine almonds, hemp seeds, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, coconut oil, and dates in the base of a food processor. Turn the processor on high for about 2 minutes. The ingredients should be well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and then use your hands to roll the dough into about 12-15 cookies, about 1-1/2” in diameter.
- To make the pumpkin pie spice dusting, place the maple sugar and pumpkin pie spice onto a plate. Roll each cookie in the sugar until covered.
- Place the cookies in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to chill. The cookies can then be served cold or at room temperature.
Items recommended for this recipe (full disclosure: Amazon.com affiliate links included where I get a small commission if you use my links…thank you in advance):
- Food processor (I use a Breville Sous Chef)
- Organic hemp seeds, also called hemp hearts
- Organic pumpkin pie spice that has a really nice flavor…my favorite one!
- Organic maple sugar
Feel free to leave off the maple sugar coating to make these even healthier:
Let’s stay connected by e-mail! Sign up here to receive my weekly newsletter with dairy- and gluten-free seasonal recipes and inspiration.