Last Updated on
These vegan, gluten-free, and paleo-friendly Pumpkin Pie Bites are great for a seasonal, healthy treat.
What are Energy Bites?
These cookies fall into the category of Energy Bites, meaning that they are a no-bake treat full of energizing ingredients. Some people also call them energy balls, coconut energy balls, or protein balls.
This Pumpkin Pie Energy Bite recipe is a tweak on my classic Date Hemp Energy Bite recipe, but with the addition of pumpkin pie spice for that distinctively yummy pumpkin pie flavor. I’ve actually just updated this recipe to include a dusting of maple sugar on the outside.
With this sweet addition, I think this recipe is even appropriate for a holiday party. I promise, everyone will love them!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
The ingredients in these healthy energy balls are so clean. There is even an addition of pumpkin puree for extra nutrition and authentic flavor. Best of all, they only take about 15 minutes to make.
All you need for these healthy no-bake cookies are (clockwise, from top left in photo):
- Hemp seeds
- Shredded dried coconut
- Pumpkin pie spice
- Coconut oil
- Pumpkin puree
- Maple sugar (optional, for dusting the outside)
I honestly can’t get over making energy bites as a healthy treat to have on hand. Sometimes I make a double batch and freeze one.
I recommend having a food processor to mix up all the ingredients quickly. Or, you can chop everything and mix it all in a bowl, but that will take a longer amount of time.
Items recommended for this recipe (full disclosure: Amazon.com affiliate links included where I get a small commission if you use my links…thank you in advance):
- Food processor (I use a Breville Sous Chef)
- Organic hemp seeds, also called hemp hearts
- Organic pumpkin pie spice that has a really nice flavor…my favorite one!
- Organic maple sugar
Here’s my printable recipe for these vegan, gluten-free, and paleo Pumpkin Pie Bites:Print
A seasonal, healthy treat that tastes like pumpkin pie!
- 1 1/2 cups almonds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- ¼ cup unsweetened dried shredded coconut
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 10 pitted Medjool dates, about 1 cup
- For pumpkin pie spice dusting:
- 2 tablespoon maple sugar
- ¼ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice or ground cinnamon
- Combine almonds, hemp seeds, coconut, pumpkin pie spice, coconut oil, pumpkin puree, and dates in the base of a food processor. Turn the processor on high for about 2 minutes. The ingredients should be well combined.
- Pour the mixture into a mixing bowl and then use your hands to roll the dough into about 15 cookies, about 1-1/2” in diameter.
- To make the pumpkin pie spice dusting, place the maple sugar and pumpkin pie spice onto a plate. Roll each cookie in the sugar until covered.
- For the best texture and sweetness level, place the cookies in the fridge for at least 2-3 hours to chill. The cookies can then be served cold or at room temperature.
You can freeze these cookies for up to 2 months in a tightly sealed container. Just defrost them then the fridge for about 4 hours before you serve them.
Be sure to pin this energy ball recipe to save it to your favorite healthy Pinterest board!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!