Everyone loves this Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream that is made with just a few simple ingredients. This frozen dessert can be sweetened with dates or maple syrup. It’s dairy-free, vegan, and so cold and refreshing!
- 2 frozen bananas, broken into large pieces
- 1 cup frozen mango chunks
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter (use almond butter for paleo or nut-free diets)
- 4 pitted Medjool dates (or 2 tablespoons maple syrup)
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons to 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder or cacao powder
- Place the frozen banana chunks, frozen mango, peanut butter, dates, vanilla, 2 tablespoons of almond milk and cocoa powder in the base of a food processor.
- Process on high for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is creamy and fully combined. Add an extra 1-2 tablespoons of almond milk, if necessary, to get the right consistency.
- Serve immediately (see notes if you want to make ice cream cones).
- To make the chocolate soft serve easier to blend, freeze your bananas in slices or chunks. Here is a guide for how to freeze bananas.
- I have a lot of other recipes for traditional vegan ice cream, but this one is more like a soft serve. It gets made in a food processor so it only takes about 10 minutes from start to finish.
- Be sure to let the ingredients process for at least 5 minutes. It will seem like a long time to run a food processor, but it’s really the minimum to break down the frozen fruit into the soft serve texture we’re looking for.
- If you want to get really fancy, serve your homemade Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Ice Cream in cones! Freeze the mixture for 2-4 hours, use a scooper to scoop onto the cone, and then roll the cone in some dairy-free chocolate chips. So fancy!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: vegan banana soft-serve recipe, vegan ice cream, dairy free soft serve recipe