This delicious Strawberry Beet Smoothie is a delicious and nutritious way to start the day. This recipe is dairy-free and vegan-friendly, but is so creamy and satisfying.
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 2 large cooked beets, cut in half
- 2 frozen bananas
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 scoop protein powder
- In the base of a high speed blender, combine the almond milk, frozen strawberries, beets, frozen bananas, almond butter, and protein powder.
- Turn on high and process for 30 seconds, or until the smoothie is thick and creamy.
- Serve immediately, or cover and refrigerate for up to 24 hours.
- It’s always good practice to layer your ingredients into the blender with the liquids on the bottom. This will help the motor run efficiently.
- I always recommend using a mixture of fruits in a smoothie, especially pairing fruits with soluble fiber like bananas, mango, and pears, with non-soluble fibrous fruits like berries. This will also help create a nice, creamy consistency to your smoothie.
- Feel free to use whatever nut butter or seed butter you like, including cashew butter, peanut butter, pumpkin seed butter, or whatever you like.
- Leave out the protein powder if you want to reduce the calories in this smoothie.
- f you want to meal prep this smoothie, you can make it up to a couple of days in advance. Another way to meal prep smoothies is to combine the ingredients in a zip-top bag, minus the almond milk. Place the bag in the freezer and then just add almond milk when you are ready to blend.
- Category: Smoothie
- Method: High-speed blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: beet smoothie, detox smoothie, vegan beet smoothie