Here’s a super simple and easy Chicken & Sweet Potato Dinner recipe that only takes 30 minutes. It’s a delicious, Whole30 Instant Pot chicken recipe perfect for busy weeknights.
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¾ cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 medium sweet potato, chopped
- 1 cup canned chopped tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons frozen chopped cilantro (optional)
- ½ medium lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons ghee
- Drizzle your cooking oil into the Instant Pot bowl and press the Sauté Let the oil heat up for about two minutes.
- Place the chicken in the pot and use a wooden spoon or spatula to move it around. Add the thyme, garlic powder, cinnamon, and salt. Let the chicken cook for about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally so it cooks on all sides.
- Add the broth and use a wooden spoon to scrape off any pieces of chicken that have stuck to the bottom of the pot.
- Add the chopped sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and frozen cilantro (optional), and stir to combine.
- Cancel the Sauté button and lock on the lid. Set the cooking time to 10 minutes on high pressure.
- When the cooking time is up, let the pressure release naturally for 10 minutes, then quick-release the remaining pressure. Remove the lid and stir in the fresh lemon juice and ghee.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in a tightly-sealed container for up to 4 days. This dish will keep up to several months in the freezer.