Cashew Cream Sauce (2-Ingredients)
This super simple Cashew Cream Sauce is perfect for vegan and dairy-free diets. With only two ingredients, you can make this in just a few minutes. Stir the sauce into to soups or drizzle it on your next meal to add luscious creaminess with no dairy.
Cashew Cream Sauce is such a versatile and helpful recipe to have in your back pocket!
It’s an easy plant-based way to swap out dairy and make a recipe dairy-free. Cashew Cream Sauce is on my list of the best plant-based substitutes for heavy cream.
You are going to want this recipe!
Why You Need This Recipe
- A lot more people are giving up dairy to help with hormonal imbalance, allergies, and inflammation. I’ve been dairy-free since around 2010, and I noticed almost immediate positive results. Learn more about the reasons to go dairy-free.
- Going dairy-free can be really hard, though! Fortunately, there are a lot of alternatives at the store in terms of dairy-free cheeses, yogurts, and milks. And, I think you’re really going to love this easy 2-ingredient Cashew Cream Sauce you can make right at home.
- This easy recipe is so versatile. You can stir it into soups to make them creamy, like in my Zucchini Potato Soup. Or, you can drizzle it on top of Mexican food or Buddha bowls to add a luscious texture reminiscent of sour cream.
You only need two ingredients for this recipe: cashews and water. That said, there is a little technique involved to get the right texture. After all, the purpose of this sauce is to replace the creaminess that you would normally get from sour cream.
To start, you need to have one cup of raw, unsalted cashews. You can use roasted cashews, but raw cashews are easier to blend and will yield the optimal result.
After you measure out a cup of cashews, you need to soak them in hot water to soften up even further.
The cashews need to soak in very hot water for between 10-15 minutes. After that amount of time, you can then rinse the cashews in a fine-mesh strainer.
After soaking and rinsing your cashews, then it’s time to blend them into your creamy, luscious Cashew Sauce. You’ll need to use a high-speed blender like a Blendtec or a Vitamix to get a truly creamy sauce.
Then, you can use the Cashew Cream Sauce immediately, or store it in a jar in the fridge for up to 4-5 days.
Other Vegan Sauces & Dressings You Might Like
- 1 cup unsalted raw cashews
- 3/4 cup filtered water
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt (optional, for added flavor)
- Place your cashews in a small bowl and cover them with very hot water.
- Let the cashews sit in the hot water for 10-15 minutes to soften up.
- Rinse the soaked cashews in a fine-mesh strainer and transfer them to a high-speed blender.
- Add the water and sea salt. Place the lid on the blender and process on high for 45-60 seconds, or until the cashews are completely blended and creamy.
- Pour the sauce into a container with a lid. Serve immediately, or place in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- To make a sweet version, add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup (or 2 Medjool dates) and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- To make a spicy version, add 1/2 teaspoon of chili powder and 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Sauce
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Dairy-Free
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1 tablespoon
- Calories: 66
- Sugar: 0.6 g
- Sodium: 2.4 mg
- Fat: 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat: 1 g
- Carbohydrates: 3.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 1.7 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: dairy free cashew sauce, vitamix cashew sauce, vegan cashew sauce