Avocado Spread Recipe
Transform your ripe avocado into a simple and delicious Avocado Spread. Use it for avocado toast or slathered on any sandwich to take it to the next level. It also makes a great dip. You can make this in less than 10 minutes.
Avocado toast is a great way to get healthy fats on top of whole grains. The fat will help keep you full before a busy day.
When you buy a few avocados, they never seem to ripen together or one might be a little over-ripe and you need to figure out how to save it. This recipe lets you mix it up now but eat it today or tomorrow.
Why You Need This Recipe
- It takes under 10 minutes to have a delicious sandwich spread or dip ready to serve. It’s an upgraded version of basic avocado toast.
- Because it stores in the fridge for a few days, you can make it ahead of time as part of your meal prep.
- You only need one ripe avocado for this recipe so you can spring into action as soon as it’s ripe. On the other hand, if you have a few avocados ready to be eaten, you can multiply this recipe for the whole family to enjoy.
Avocados are a healthy dose of fat. They are so rich and creamy!
Mayo adds a creamy tang as well as helps the avocado spread easier.
Garlic and salt enhance the already amazing flavor of the avocado.
Vinegar adds that extra something to the mix.
Add a ripe, pitted, and peeled avocado to a bowl.
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Mash lightly with a fork. A few chunk are ok!
Add remaining ingredients.
Stir to combine.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- Double or triple this Avocado Spread recipe to feed a crowd.
- It will last in an air tight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- You can easily make this vegan by selecting an appropriate mayo.
- Did you know you can freeze over-ripe avocados? Then, when you’re ready to use them, simply defrost and transform into this creamy spread. See my post on how to freeze avocados.
There are many different mayo options out there, some even made without eggs. This means you can have a creamy and delicious sandwich spread that fits a vegan lifestyle. As written, the recipe is already suitable for vegetarians.
Spread it right on toast for an easy breakfast. It can also add fat and replace cheese on a sandwich. You can even dip veggies or pita chips right into the bowl.
More Healthy Dips and Spreads You Might Like
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 1 ripe avocado, halved and pitted
- 1 tablespoon mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar or distilled white vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Use a spoon to scoop the ripe avocado into a medium mixing bowl. Then, use a fork to mash the avocado well.
- Stir in the mayonnaise, vinegar, salt, and garlic powder.
- Serve immediately or chill until ready to serve.
- This recipe can easily be doubled or tripled.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: No Cook
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: avocado toast spread, how to make avocado toast, dairy-free avocado spread
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.