Beet Juice Recipe (Juicer or Blender)
This Beet Juice recipe is a refreshing drink that is so easy to make and tastes great with no earthy flavor. Even if you don’t like beets, you’ll love the flavor of this homemade vegetable juice. Make it in a juicer or a blender!
Beets are one of those vegetables that are under appreciated. They can be consumed raw or cooked, and they have the most delicious, sweet flavor.
They are generally available all year round; just look for them in the produce section of your local grocery store (see my entire clean eating food list). I’ve also included beets on my list of the best vegetables for picky eaters since they are high in natural sugars.
While you can certainly just use beets to make homemade beet juice, it’s nice to add some other healthy fruits and vegetables to help balance the flavors.
Some people complain that beets taste “earthy.” But, if you try this recipe, that I think it will change your mind. It’s sweet and refreshing, plus it’s very health-promoting.
Why You Need This Recipe
- Save your money on expensive pre-made beet juice drinks and make your own instead!
- Use simple and readily available produce for this homemade juice recipe.
- The ingredients in this homemade Beetroot Juice recipe all support your health. Beets have been studied for their role in aiding detox, heart health, and athletic performance. See my full article with information about the potential health benefits of beet juice.
- Make this beet juice in a juicer or a blender! I’ve included instructions for both methods.
As mentioned, this Beet Juice recipe uses just six simple ingredients.
Parsley, apple, ginger, and lemon are all great foods full of nutrition. I’ve included cucumber in this beetroot juice recipe to help dilute the strong beet flavor, and to add a neutral balancing effect to the overall juice. I’m telling you, this juice recipe is a winner!
Raw beets are the base of this beet juice. You can use red beets, orange beets, yellow beets, or striped beets. I also use raw beets in my Liver Cleanse Juice recipe. Beets are at the top of my list of the best vegetables to juice.
Apple adds sweetness to the beetroot juice and helps mask any of the “earthy” flavor from the beets. You can use a red apple or a green apple.
Cucumber helps add more liquid to the juice overall. You can use whatever type of cucumber you can find in the market.
Lemon or lime helps adds a bright flavor to the juice. Peel your citrus fruit before juicing them.
Fresh ginger adds a spicy flavor to the juice.
Parsley is a great ingredient to include. It is a great source of antioxidants. I recommend using flat-leaf parsley.
Recipe Steps for Juicer
The most time-consuming step in making any kind of homemade vegetable juice is to wash and prep the vegetables.
For this recipe, you just need to remove the beet greens, cut off the ends of the beets, and then chop them into pieces that will fit through the feeding tube of your juicer.
You’ll also need to cut the peel off your lemon and ginger.
You can also use a high-speed blender to make juice, but you’ll have to strain the pulp out if you use a blender (see the notes below for full blender instructions).
It’s also interesting to note that even using just one large beet will turn the juice red, no matter what other vegetables are included.
So, once your veggies are prepped, you’ll need to feed them through your juicer. Fresh beetroot juice is just so pretty, don’t you agree?
The last step is to serve your fresh beet juice. Most fresh juices should be consumed right away, if possible. But, you can also store homemade green juices in a tightly sealed container for up to 2 days.
Recipe Steps for Blender
Follow the directions below. It’s really easy to make juice in a blender. You can also check out my guide for How to Juice in a Vitamix.
Chop your vegetables into 1-inch pieces for easier blending.
Combine them in a high-speed blender with 1/3 cup of filtered water.
Blend on high until the ingredients are relatively smooth.
Squeeze the juice through a nut milk bag. Serve your juice immediately.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- I recommend using about 1 pound for this juice. One pound of beets is equal to about 5 medium beets or 3 large beets.
- You do not need to peel or cook your beets before juicing them, just be sure to scrub and wash them well.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more juice.
- Beets are sometimes called Beetroot, but they are referring to the same root vegetable.
- Want another juice recipe with beets? Check out my Beet Carrot Juice.
Check with your doctor first, but you can likely drink beet juice everyday as long as you don’t have any troublesome side effects, such as digestive distress. You may also want to monitor your blood pressure if you are drinking beet juice to lower blood pressure.
Most vegetable juices have the benefit of having a high antioxidant and vitamin content, especially when consumed immediately after making the juice. The benefit of juicing is that you don’t have to digest all of the fiber from the juice. You can also check out my article on beet powder benefits.
Yes! I have a detailed post about how to make juice with a blender.
No, just be sure to scrub and wash them well before juicing.
More Juice Recipes You Might Like
- Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice Recipe
- Carrot Juice with Orange & Ginger
- Celery Cucumber Green Juice
- Celery Juice
- Kale Juice Recipe
- Green Vegetable Juice Recipe
- Lemon & Ginger Green Juice
More Beet Recipes You Might Like
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 1 pound beets, washed with the greens removed and the ends cut off (about 5 medium beets)
- 1 large cucumber or 3–4 small cucumbers
- 1 apple
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- 1 lemon or lime
- 1 1-inch knob of fresh ginger
- Wash the produce and chop everything so the pieces will fit into the feeder tube of your juicer. Remove the skin from the lemon and the ginger.
- Feed the vegetable and fruit pieces through the juicer, alternating harder and softer textured pieces to aid in the juicing process.
- Serve your fresh beet juice immediately, or store in the refrigerator in a covered container.
- One pound of beets is equal to about 5 medium beets or 3 large beets.
- You can easily double this recipe to make more juice.
- Fresh juice is best served within 48 hours of making it.
- BLENDER INSTRUCTIONS: Chop your vegetables into 1-inch pieces for easier blending. Combine them in a high-speed blender with 1/3 cup of filtered water. Blend on high until the ingredients are relatively smooth. Squeeze the juice through a nut milk bag.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 1 minute
- Category: Juice
- Method: Juicer or Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: how to make beet juice, juicing beets, beetroot juice
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.