Welcome to Clean Eating Kitchen! If you’re looking for healthy recipes and resources, then you’ve come to the right place. My goal is to help you set and reach your goals so that you feel healthy, strong, and vibrant.
I’m Carrie Forrest, creator of this site. I have a masters degree in public health nutrition. Most importantly, though, is that I’ve used real food to help resolve lifelong health issues, including chronic migraines, autoimmune disease, anxiety, and hormonal imbalances. I am living proof of someone who has turned her health around using a healthy, balanced diet and lifestyle.
I started this blog in 2009, so there’s a lot of content here. To get started, I have some suggestions of posts and pages that might be helpful.
- Check out my “About Me” page to get an idea of my background. Here, you’ll see some posts I’ve linked to that describe my change from a vegan diet to one that is less restrictive. I’ve also written a lot about recovery from disordered eating patterns.
- If you’re just looking to get started with “clean eating,” you might to check out this introductory explanation or a list of items I suggest for your kitchen.
- Scroll through my Recipe Index to find a listing of my favorite recipes over the years. They are all gluten- and dairy-free, so I hope you find something that sounds delicious!
- If you’re looking for Nutritarian, vegan, or plant-based recipes, you can find those here. Note: although I followed a strict plant-based diet for over 3 years, I now eat animal protein, preferably 100% grass-fed and/or locally-sourced.
- If you’re looking for more paleo/primal-based recipes, you can those here. I’m not 100% paleo, either, although I do avoid gluten and dairy because they don’t work for me.
- Use my Categories menu to find blog posts on a specific subject. You’ll find this in the sidebar on my homepage, and you’ll see topics ranging from Life Lessons to Product Reviews to Chocolate-Anything (and Everything!).
- Are you a fan of podcasts like I am? I am the host of the Clean Eating for Women podcast; you can check out the episode index here.
If you run into any issues or questions, just ask! I can be reached through e-mail: carrieATcleaneatingkitchenDOTcom,
The very best way to stay in touch is to sign up to receive my weekly newsletter. That way, you’ll never miss a post! After you sign up, I’ll send you a welcome email with additional free resources to help you on your journey.
I’ll never sell your name and you can unsubscribe at any time.