Welcome to Clean Eating Kitchen! If you’re looking for healthy recipes made with real food ingredients, then you’ve come to the right place. My specialty is creating gluten-free and dairy-free recipes that are vegan- and paleo-friendly, but everyone is welcome!
I’m Carrie Forrest, creator of this site. I have a masters degree in public health nutrition. Most importantly, though, is that I’ve used real food to help resolve lifelong health issues, including chronic migraines, anxiety, and hormonal imbalances.
I started this blog in 2009, so there’s a lot of content here. To get started, I have some suggestions of posts and pages that might be helpful.
- Check out my “About Me” page to get an idea of my background. Here, you’ll see some posts I’ve linked to that describe my change from a vegan diet to one that is less restrictive. I’ve also written a lot about recovery from disordered eating patterns.
- If you’re just looking to get started with “clean eating,” you might to check out this introductory explanation or a list of items I suggest for your kitchen.
- Scroll through my Recipe Index to find a listing of my favorite recipes over the years. They are all gluten- and dairy-free, so I hope you find something that sounds delicious!
- If you’re looking for Nutritarian, vegan, or plant-based recipes, you can find those here. Note: although I followed a strict plant-based diet for over 3 years, I now eat animal protein, preferably 100% grass-fed and/or locally-sourced.
- If you’re looking for more paleo/primal-based recipes, you can those here. I’m not 100% paleo, either, although I do avoid gluten and dairy because they don’t work for me.
- Use my Categories menu to find blog posts on a specific subject. You’ll find this in the sidebar on my homepage, and you’ll see topics ranging from Life Lessons to Product Reviews to Chocolate-Anything (and Everything!).
- Are you a book worm like I am? Check out all the reviews I’ve done on holistic-minded books.
If you run into any issues or questions, just ask! I can be reached through e-mail: carrieATcleaneatingkitchenDOTcom,
You can also sign up here to receive my weekly newsletter. That way, you’ll never miss a post!
I’ll never sell your name and you can unsubscribe at any time.