This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Chickpea Pasta Salad with Tuna is gluten-free, dairy-free, and an awesome meal prep dish! This recipe only has 4 required ingredients, and can be made fast.
Chickpea Pasta is Gluten-Free & Full of Protein & Fiber
Have you tried chickpea pasta yet? I am in love! I actually love it more than lentil pasta because it tastes more like the real thing to me. What are you thoughts if you’ve tried it? This is the brand of chickpea pasta that I like the most.
One box of chickpea pasta has four servings, and each one has 14 grams of protein and 8 grams of fiber. And, 30% of the RDA for iron. So nutritious!!! If you remember from my recent article about fatigue, iron-deficient anemia is a huge problem for women of child-bearing age, and could be the cause of ongoing tiredness (read more in my article about the health reasons for feeling tired all that time).
How to Make This Easy Chickpea Pasta with Tuna
I’m going to show you exactly how I made this delicious recipe that is perfect for meal prepping. In other words, make it today, and enjoy it for at least several days after. You only really need four ingredients, and you can make it in less than 30 minutes!
I’m showing the brands I used here, but this is not a sponsored post. I just want to be really specific as to what worked for me!
I used these ingredients (some affiliate links included):
- Banza chickpea pasta shells
- Wild Planet Tuna
- Eden apple juice-sweetened dried cranberries
- Organic extra version olive oil
- Organic flat-leaf parsley
- Kite Hill almond milk ricotta cheese (found in the refrigerator section at most natural food grocery stores)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
Recipe Steps for this Chickpea Salad with Tuna:
- Prepare the pasta according to the directions on the box.
- After the pasta is done cooking, rinse and drain and place in a bowl.
- Add the parsley, almond milk cheese, and tuna.
- Top with dried cranberries (optional), and serve!
See how easy?! I mentioned that chickpea pasta tastes the most like “real” pasta than any other gluten-free version I’ve tried, especially one that is legume-based. I’m sharing this up-close picture so you can get an idea of what the shells look like after cooking.
Chickpea Pasta Salad Simple Dressing
I made the simplest dressing for this pasta salad with extra virgin olive oil, salt, and pepper. Honestly, between the other flavors of the dish, including the almond milk ricotta cheese, the parsley, tuna, and dried cranberries, it’s tastes amazing just like that.
Chickpea Pasta Salad for a Meal Prep Lunch
I mentioned that this dish is perfect for meal prep. When I took it along for an appointment that ran into lunch, I served it with some sun-dried tomato almond flour crackers and fresh organic green grapes. Lunch perfection!
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do.
Here’s the printable recipe with nutrition info for this Chickpea Pasta Salad with Tuna:Print
This pasta salad is gluten-free, dairy-free, and a great meal prep option.
- 1 8-ounce box of chickpea pasta
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- 4 ounces dairy-free almond ricotta cheese
- 2 5-ounce cans of tuna
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Dried cranberries (optional, for topping)
- Cook the chickpea pasta according to the directions on the package. Rinse and drain the pasta once it’s done cooking, and transfer the cooked pasta to a large mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped parsley to the bowl and stir to combine.
- Use a spoon or your fingers to dollop out the almond ricotta cheese over the pasta and stir to combine.
- Use a fork to flake the tuna into the bowl, and stir one last time.
- Serve cold or at room temperature, with a sprinkling of dried cranberries, if desired.
Be sure to Pin this image to your favorite Pinterest board to save it for later!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!