Detox Vegetable Juice Recipe
This Detox Vegetable Juice recipe is made with vegetables that support natural detoxification, making it a healthy way to feel more energetic.
Vegetables Support Detoxification
Vegetables are great for supporting the body’s natural detoxification process. Even though juicing removes the beneficial fiber, it’s a great way to get a lot of micronutrients in at one sitting. I certainly don’t juice every day, but I try to make juice maybe 1-2 times a week depending on how I’m feeling and how much time I have. More recently, I’ve been juicing celery a few times a week.
For this Vegetable Detox Juice, I left out the fruit except for a lemon which is technically a fruit but is so low in fructose that it shouldn’t affect your blood sugar. I love the parsley as the key ingredient in this juice, along with vitamin C-rich bell peppers, carrots, and lemon.
Best Juicer for Vegetable Juice
I’ve had a few people ask me about which juicer I use. I use an Omega Masticating Juicer that is ideal for vegetable juicing because it extracts so much of the juice. In other words, it’s the most efficient type of juicer without going really crazy and spending thousands of dollars for a cold-press type.
The masticating one that I have runs about $300 but I think it’s worth every penny if you’re committed to juicing. You can certainly use a centrifuge-type that will only run you about $100, but it’s more suited to citrus juicing, like making orange juice. Read more about how to pick the best juicer.
I juice about once to twice a week, and I think it’s a great way to get a lot of micronutrients. I’m happy to see that the Medical Medium celery juice trend is still going strong. I’ve had a lot of traffic to my site from my celery juice recipe.
When you make the juice, it’s like a green rainbow right out of the extractor. Isn’t it so pretty?
If you’re interested in healthy juice recipes, you might also like:
- Beet Juice
- Carrot Juice with Orange & Ginger
- Celery Cucumber Green Juice
- Celery Juice
- Lemon & Ginger Green Juice
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
This juice supports your body’s natural detoxification pathways.
- 1 bunch carrots, tops removed
- 8 celery stalks, from about 1 head of celery
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 1-inch knob of fresh ginger
- 1 lime or lemon, skin removed
- 1 bunch flat-leaf parsley
- Wash and chop vegetables so they will fit through the tube of a masticating juicer.
- Feed in the vegetables through the tube, alternating hard and soft-textured ones to help facilitate the juicing process.
- Enjoy immediately or keep the leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator.
It’s best to consume fresh juices within 24 hours of making them, but they will keep in the fridge for up to 4 days.
- Category: Juices
- Method: Juicer
- Cuisine: Healthy, Vegan, Raw Food
Keywords: how to make a green juice without fruit, detox juice recipe, vegetable detox juice