This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This Dairy-Free Pumpkin Dip is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy the flavors of the fall season. Serve this sweet, dairy-free dip with fruit, veggies, or pretzels at your next party.
Pumpkin Dip Highlights
- It includes real pumpkin puree that is super nutritious and naturally sweet.
- This healthy dip is sweetened with plump Medjool dates (you can also use maple syrup, if you prefer).
- While most pumpkin dips are made with cool whip, this dairy-free version uses cashew cream cheese to add smoothness and creaminess.
Skip the processed whip products that are full of trans fats and processed sugars and try this real food pumpkin dip instead. What you need for this healthy pumpkin recipe:
- Canned pumpkin puree with no other ingredients
- Cashew-based cream cheese found in the refrigerator section of your health food store
- Medjool dates or maple syrup
- Vanilla extract
- Set out the dairy-free cream cheese so it can come to room temperature.
- Soak the dates in hot water for about 10 minutes. Drain off the water.
- Add all of your ingredients to the bowl of a food processor.
- Process everything on high for about 45 seconds until smooth and creamy.
- Serve right away or refridgerate in a covered bowl.
Is This Dip Healthy?
- Whether you use dates or maple syrup to sweeten the dip, this would be considered to be a healthy recipe made without refined sugars.
- The dip serves as a vehicle for healthy foods like fruit or carrots, and kids love it.
- This dip skips the nasty, overly processed ingredients that are called for in a traditional pumpkin dip.
- Bring the dairy-free cream cheese to room temperature so it blends easier.
- Don’t forget to drain your dates before adding to the other ingredients.
- You can store the dip in a covered bowl in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Other Healthy Pumpkin Recipes You May Like
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins
- Best Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Pudding
- Gluten-Free Pumpkin Spice Donuts
- Pumpkin Pie Energy Bites
Here is the printable recipe:Print
This Vegan Pumpkin Dip is a healthy and delicious way to enjoy the flavors of the fall season. Serve this sweet, dairy-free dip with fruit, veggies, or pretzels at your next party.
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted*
- 6 ounces dairy-free plain cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place the dates in a small bowl and cover with hot water. Let them sit for 10 minutes.
- In the meantime, place the cream cheese, pumpkin puree, and vanilla extract in the bowl of a food processor.
- Drain the water from the dates, discarding the water. Place the dates in the food processor.
- Process the ingredients on high, about 45 seconds, until the mixture is smooth and creamy. You might need to stop the food processor and use a spatula to wipe down the sides.
- You can serve the dip immediately, or transfer it to a bowl and chill it in the refrigerator.
*You can substitute 1/3 cup maple syrup for the dates, if you prefer.
The dip can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Serve the tip with sliced apples, strawberries, baby carrots, or pretzels.