Creamy Avocado Spread Recipe
I think you are really going to love this recipe for Creamy Avocado Spread that you can serve on toast, crackers, or sandwiches. This recipe is vegan, paleo, dairy-free and gluten-free.
Avocado toast is one of my favorite recipes to order in restaurants. This easy Creamy Avocado Spread slathered on toast or a cracker tastes as good as any restaurant version I’ve ever had.
The fresh cilantro paired with creamy avocado and tart lime juice is an awesome combination.
You won’t believe how easy it is to make this Avocado Spread at home. The only ingredients you need are ripe avocados, cilantro, lime juice, and salt and pepper.
And, if you are one of those people who hates the taste of cilantro, you can easily substitute flat-leaf parsley for the fresh cilantro.
Combine the ingredients in the base of your food processor. I like to include about a tablespoon of water to make sure everything blends easily.
Process on high until smooth. Serve your Avocado Spread immediately.
As mentioned above, I like to eat this creamy dip on top of toast or crackers, or with sliced veggies.
Other Dressings & Salads You Might Like
- Deviled Egg Salad
- Honey Mustard Salad Dressing
- Lentil & Wild Rice Salad
- Summer Salad with a Dairy-Free Strawberry Yogurt Dressing
- Vegan Pesto
- Vegan Tuna Salad
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
Creamy Avocado Spread
I think you are really going to love this recipe for Creamy Avocado Spread that you can serve on toast, crackers, or sandwiches. This recipe is dairy-free and gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Spread
- Method: Stir
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 2 large ripe Haas avocados
- 1 bunch cilantro, washed with the bottom half of the stems cut off*
- 2 limes, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon filtered water
- Peel and pit the avocados and place the flesh in the bowl of a food processor.
- Add the cilantro, lime juice, salt, pepper, and water.
- Process on high until the ingredients are smooth, about 45 seconds.
- Serve immediately, or place in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
* You can substitute a small bunch of flat-leaf parsley for the cilantro, if you prefer.
Keywords: dairy free avocado spread, smashed avocado recipe, avocado dressing