Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole (Dairy-Free)
This delicious Spaghetti Squash Pizza Casserole is the perfect dish when you’re craving the flavors of pizza, but you want a healthier option. This recipe is not only dairy-free and gluten-free, but it is grain-free, low-carb, Whole30, paleo, and keto-friendly.
- This casserole makes about five large servings. It’s perfect for a family, or for meal prepping for two people.
- You can cook the spaghetti squash for this casserole up to several days in advance. Store the cooked squash in the refrigerator until you’re ready to make the casserole.
- This pizza casserole recipe is entirely dairy-free, gluten-free, and grain-free! It is also low-carb, paleo, Whole30, and keto-friendly. Best of all, this delicious Spaghetti Squash Casserole tastes very similar to a pizza, but without the carbs.
The first step for this healthy casserole is to cook a medium sized spaghetti squash. My favorite method for this is to pop it in an Instant Pot pressure cooker at 15 minutes at high pressure. You can also make Crockpot Spaghetti Squash, or cut it in half and cook it in the oven.
No matter what method you use to cook your squash, you should end up with about 5 cups of cooked squash that is shredded and ready to use in the casserole.
Preheat your oven to 400°F and spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray. In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion, and garlic. Then, add the tomatoes, squash, and eggs, and then transfer the mixture to your baking dish.
Top the casserole with your pepperoni and olives, and bake it for 30 minutes. If you aren’t dairy-free, you can certainly add cheese to the top as well for an even more authentic pizza experience. Or, you can use vegan cheese too.
You can also add your favorite pizza toppings, such as mushrooms, pineapple, or whatever you prefer. Feel free to get creative!
Once the casserole has baked through, it will start to turn a golden brown on top. Remove it from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Yes, I think so! The casserole has a nice amount of protein and fat, while being very low in carbs.
Yes, it can! Prep this casserole up to 2 days in advance. Cover it with plastic wrap or a lid and store it in the refrigerator until you’re ready to bake it.
Other Healthy Casserole Recipes You Might Like
- Chicken, Broccoli, & Rice Casserole
- Sweet Potato & Kale Casserole
- Sweet Potato Shepherd’s Pie
- Sweet Potato Soufflé
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 cups cooked and shredded spaghetti squash, from about 1 medium spaghetti squash
- 1 cup chopped or crushed tomatoes, with the juice
- 1 teaspoon ground oregano
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 3–4 ounces, pepperoni slices
- 1/4 chopped black olives
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Spray a casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the ground beef, onion, and garlic, and use a spatula to break up the meat as it cooks.
- Cook the meat until it is just no longer pink, and then add the cooked spaghetti squash, chopped tomatoes, ground oregano, and eggs. Stir to combine the ingredients and then transfer them to the casserole dish. Use a spatula to flatten out the top of the casserole.
- Top the casserole with the pepperoni slices and olives and bake for 30 minutes, or until the top of the casserole starts to turn a golden brown.
- Remove the casserole from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Cover the casserole dish if you have any leftovers and store it in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Re-heat before serving.
- If you aren’t dairy-free, you can feel free to add shredded cheese on top of the casserole before baking. Or, you can always add a sprinkle of vegan cheese on top to keep the casserole dairy-free.
- You can also get creative with the toppings, using mushrooms or whatever you like on a pizza.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: keto caserole, spaghetti squash dish, paleo spaghetti squash casserole