This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
This delicious Vegan Waffle recipe is gluten-free and perfect for a lazy weekend morning. They can be served with fresh berries and syrup for the ultimate healthy comfort food.
Why is this Vegan Waffle Recipe So Darned Good?
- Almond milk, coconut oil and flaxseed are healthy, flavorful ingredients that make for a fluffy waffle that is crisp on the outside.
- A touch of maple syrup added to the batter provides just enough sweetness.
- Crispy waffles are comforting and warming. This recipe is gluten-free too!
Steps to Make Vegan Waffles
1. Combine the flaxseed and water and let it stand for 5 minutes. This mixture will substitute for an egg in the batter.
2. Preheat your waffle maker.
3. Combine the almond milk and the apple cider vinegar in a small cup.
4. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and then stir in the flaxseed and almond milk mixtures.
5. Spray your waffle maker with non-stick cooking spray and pour 1/2 cup of the vegan waffle batter. Bake until crispy.
6. Serve with maple syrup, vegan butter, and fruit, or your favorite toppings.
Are Vegan Waffles Healthy?
On a clean eating diet, there aren’t black and white rules about which foods are healthy versus unhealthy. Instead, my recommendation is to think about eating whole foods and unprocessed ingredients. Waffles with syrup aren’t as nutritious as my Anti-Cancer Green Smoothie, for example, but waffles every once in awhile are definitely part of a balanced approach.
This vegan waffle recipe is made with wholesome ingredients and can be considered part of a healthy diet. This recipe is also gluten-free and dairy-free, so it is appropriate for a lot of food sensitivities.
Top Tips to Make This Vegan Waffles Recipe
- Work in batches and avoid overfilling your waffle iron.
- The batter will make about four large waffles.
- Make the vegan waffles ahead of time. Cool completely and store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to four days.
- Reheat waffles in a toaster or toaster oven until they are warmed through.
Other Vegan Breakfast Recipes You Might Like
- Anti-Cancer Breakfast Smoothie
- Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding
- Raspberry Cream Smoothie with frozen squash
- Tropical Instant Pot Steel Cut Oats
- Vegan Protein Shake
Here is the printable Vegan Waffles Recipe:Print
These delicious Vegan Waffles are gluten-free and perfect for a lazy weekend morning. They can be served with fresh berries and syrup for the ultimate healthy comfort food.
- 2 tablespoons ground flaxseed
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ cups gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Nonstick cooking spray
- In a small bowl, combine the flaxseed and the water. Stir to combine. Let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Preheat your waffle maker.
- In a measuring cup, combine the almond milk and the apple cider vinegar. Stir to combine and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, sea salt, maple syrup, coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Pour in the almond milk mixture and the flax mixture and stir to combine.
- Working in batches, spray your waffle maker with the nonstick cooking spray. Pour about ½ cup of the batter onto the waffle maker and bake. Repeat until all the batter is used up. You should have enough for about 4 large waffles.
- Serve hot with maple syrup, vegan butter, or your favorite toppings.
Notes: Feel free to make the waffles ahead of time, let them cool completely, and store in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat the waffles in a toaster oven until they are warmed through.
Pin this Vegan Waffles recipe to Pinterest to save it for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!