Strawberry Protein Smoothie (25 Grams)
Looking to increase your protein intake? Try this Strawberry Protein Smoothie that includes 25 grams of protein in one serving. This recipe includes healthy ingredients and protein powder, but tastes like a classic strawberry milkshake.
Breakfast has been called the most important meal of the day, and for good reason! Studies continue to show that eating breakfast can help with weight loss and weight management, especially for women.
Smoothies are a great way to make an easy breakfast. They’re perfect for busy mornings or can be thrown together for an afternoon snack.
This recipe in particular is great for anyone who has a sweet tooth. It’s one of my favorite recipes!
Why You Need This Recipe
- Smoothie are an easy way to get a lot of nutrition. This Strawberry Protein Smoothie packs in 25 grams of protein.
- You can prep this ahead of time! Add everything to the blender pitcher except the frozen strawberries. Store the pitcher in the fridge overnight. Then, when it’s time for breakfast, toss in the frozen strawberries, blend, and serve.
- Most protein smoothies include ingredients like cottage cheese or Greek yogurt. This one skips the dairy and uses a quality protein powder instead.
- Even kids and teenagers love a creamy smoothie that tastes like a milkshake.
Coconut beverage is slightly different than coconut milk. You can find it in the non-refrigerated section of most grocery stores with the other plant-based milks.
Prime Beef Protein is a hydrolyzed beef protein powder that has one ingredient. It is a clean protein powder full of bioavailable protein and is very low-allergenic. Feel free to use your favorite protein powder (preferably unsweetened).
Hemp seeds add fiber, more protein, and some healthy fats.
Maple syrup adds a touch of sweetness. Feel free to leave it out for a less sweet smoothie.
Vanilla extract makes it taste like a milkshake!
Add the ingredients to the pitcher of a high-speed blender in the order given.
Blend until smooth.
I hope you agree that this healthy protein shake is an easy recipe that hits the spot.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- You can easily double or even triple this recipe to make more servings.
- Feel free to use your favorite protein powder if you don’t have Prime Protein on hand.
- You can adapt this recipe to use other types of frozen fruits as well. Frozen banana, mango, cherries, peaches, bananas, and pineapple (or any combination of them) would also be great.
- You can use fresh fruit instead of frozen, but you’ll need to include about a cup of ice cubes in that case.
- You can use boxed plant milk as the base of this recipe, or make your own! Check out my recipes for Cashew Milk, Macadamia Nut Milk, Oat Milk, Pumpkin Seed Milk, Vanilla Hemp Milk, or Unsweetened Almond Milk.
I chose coconut milk for a wonderfully creamy smoothie! That means this is dairy free as written. Feel free to use any dairy milk or alternative here.
Yes, you can use whatever frozen fruits you like or have on hand.
Yes! If you aren’t on a dairy-free diet, you can use regular milk which will increase the protein content even more.
Yes, but you will also need to add about 1 cup of ice to thicken up the smoothie.
More Smoothie Recipes You Might Like
- Acai Smoothie with Coconut
- Avocado Chocolate Smoothie
- Creamy Detox Smoothie
- Peanut Butter Cauliflower Smoothie
- Sweet Potato Smoothie
More Healthy Breakfast Ideas
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut beverage (or your favorite milk)
- 1 tablespoon hemp seeds
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 scoop Equip Foods Prime Protein (I used the unsweetened flavor)
- In the base of a high-speed blender, combine the coconut beverage, hemp seeds, strawberries, vanilla, maple syrup, and protein powder.
- Lock on the lid and blend until fully combined, about 30-45 seconds.
- Serve immediately.
- This recipe can easily be doubled to make more servings.
- If you aren’t on a dairy-free diet, you can use regular dairy milk.
- Coconut beverage is similar to coconut milk, but it has less fat. It comes in a carton and can be found in the aisle with other non-refrigerated plant milks.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 2 minutes
- Category: Drinks
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Gluten Free
Keywords: protein smoothie, strawberry smoothie, paleo smoothie
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.