This delicious Date Nut Bread is made grain-free, gluten-free, and dairy-free. It’s a healthier version of your favorite dessert bread.
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pitted and chopped medjool dates (about 5 large dates)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts or sunflower seeds
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Spray a 1.5-quart loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cassava flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and ground cinnamon. Use a whisk to stir together. Then, add the chopped dates and walnuts and use a spatula to stir together. Set the bowl aside
- In a small bowl, combine the eggs, vanilla extract, applesauce, and almond milk. Whisk together until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the melted coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and place in the oven for one hour, or until the bread turns golden brown. Remove the bread carefully from the dish and place onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers and serve within 7 days.
You can freeze the cooked and cooled bread in a tightly sealed container for up to 2 months.
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 1 hour
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Grain-Free, Paleo
Keywords: how to make grain-free date nut bread using cassava flour, healthy date nut bread, paleo dessert bread