Podcasts can be incredible sources of information, and I thought it would be helpful to share my carefully selected list of Best Podcasts for Women’s Health.
From a low point a few years back, my health has stabilized from the help I’ve received from a variety of sources, not the least of which has been from the podcasts I’m sharing today.
I find it convenient to listen to podcasts while I’m in the car, working in the kitchen, or going for a walk. There’s something so special and unique about that auditory connection as well, and I even feel a personal connection with the hosts of these shows. You’ll see that I’ve linked to the websites for each podcast on my list, and I pasted each show’s icon from iTunes as well. I really hope you find this list helpful!
The Best Podcasts for Women’s Health (in no particular order):
- Clean Eating for Women. This is my podcast! I have a masters degree in public health nutrition, but I’m also a real woman who has used holistic healing techniques and real food to heal my health. I share my story and interview experts on a variety of topics every week. You can see my current episode index here.
- Better Everyday Podcast. If you are over 40 or have any hormone imbalance issues, I highly, highly recommend listening to this podcast from Sarah Fragoso and Brooke Kalanick ND, MS, LAc. These two women are both brilliant, kind, and real.
- Natural MD Radio. Dr. Romm is the author of The Adrenal Thyroid Revolution that I reviewed here. She has a history of using holistic and alternative health therapies, so I love that she makes natural healing for women’s health issues a theme. She also organizes her episodes by health concern, so that makes it helpful to find information on specific issues.
- PCOS Diva. Amy Medling is an expert on managing polycystic ovarian syndrome, and she uses her podcast to present interviews with other experts about this complex disorder. Amy’s advice centers around real food and healthy habits which actually applies to all women!
- Primal Diet Modern Health. I can’t say enough good things about nutritionist Beverly Meyer, and I’m pretty sure I’ve listened to every single episode of her podcast at least once and sometimes twice. Talk about smart, savvy, and a straight-talker, Beverly is all of those things and more. This podcast is another “must listen” for women recovering from the Standard American Diet and/or health issues like insomnia, anxiety, and hormone issues.
- The Well-Fed Women Podcast. This podcast is particularly helpful for women under 40, but, honestly, the inspiration from the hosts about body image and balanced nutrition applies to women of all ages. But, if you are under 40 or know a youngish woman who is struggling with fertility or disordered eating, this one would be a great choice.
- Balanced Bites Podcast. Hosts Diane and Liz are a wealth of information, especially regarding a “real food” dietary approach. If you’re a women looking for help with cleaning up your diet, then this would be a top pick.
- Phoenix Helix. If you’re dealing with an autoimmune disease, you must listen to this podcast. It’s enormously helpful and the host, Eileen Laird, is one smart cookie. If you’re feeling alone or hopeless because of your autoimmune diagnosis, then this podcast will help you find support and resources that can help.
Runners’ Up for Best Women’s Health Podcasts:
- Bulletproof Radio. This podcast by Dave Asprey isn’t solely focused on women’s issues, but it is an incredible resource for information on nutrition and cutting-edge health topics. An example of one episode that inspired me was this one about autoimmune disease with Amy Myers, MD.
- Primal Blueprint Podcast. This is the podcast of Mark’s Daily Apple, with a focus on primal/paleo health. I wouldn’t say that every episode is relevant for women, but it is still an excellent resource. This interview about thyroid health with host Elle Russ and Gary Foresman, MD, was a turning point in my health, because it motivated me to get help to manage my thyroid replacement hormone better. I think fate may have intervened here because Dr. Foresman’s practice is based about 10 minutes from where I live (!). I nearly fell over when I discovered that while listening. I’m so grateful that Dr. Foresman is now the head of my healthcare team.
- Revolution Health Radio. This is the podcast of Chris Kresser and it is also an excellent, excellent resource. I found my first functional medicine doctor, Amy Nett, through this podcast. Chris is a former vegan who had to change his diet and lifestyle to recover his health. This podcast has recently become more technical, but it’s great for the very informed and educated patient.
- Ultimate Health Podcast. This is another great overview podcast with interviews and resources for those looking to transform their health.
Additional podcasts that include women’s health issues, but also related to business, fitness, self-growth, and fun:
- The Balanced Blonde podcast. Jordan Younger is one of my virtual soul-sisters, and I adore her podcast. I always feel more inspired and happier after listening to her interviews.
- Fit, Fierce and Fabulous Podcast. I’m a huge, huge fan of host Courtney Bentley, and her podcast acts as somewhat of a life and spiritual coach for me. Love!!!
Helpful links related to podcast listening:
I’d love to know your favorite podcast picks, too. Please do share those in the comments.
Join my e-mail list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox. You can choose to get all new posts, or just my weekly newsletter.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!