I am so excited to share this grain-free Date-Nut Bread with you! I don’t consider myself a baker, so I was pretty thrilled when this recipe turned out as wonderfully as I imagined. It has a lovely texture with walnuts and chewy dates, and is so satisfying served with coffee or as a simple dessert.
I was inspired to make this bread after receiving these gorgeous Medjool dates from my friends at Natural Delights (full disclosure: this is a sponsored post, but all opinions are my own).
Natural Delights Medjool dates come from Bard Valley Date Growers, a USA-based co-op that uses sustainable growing practices with no pesticides or GMOs used on any of the fruit. I’ve been a fan of these dates for many years now and love using them for natural, healthy sweetness. Dates are high in fiber and minerals and are so versatile and delicious. I most definitely consider them a superfood.
I especially love the combination of nuts and dates, so that was the inspiration for this bread. I used a blend of almond and cassava flours to make it grain- and gluten-free, too. I highly suggest serving this with a cup of hot coffee or tea for a mid-afternoon snack or as a simple, healthy dessert.
Here’s my printable recipe:Print
- ½ cup almond flour
- ½ cup cassava flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup pitted and chopped Natural Delights Organic Medjool dates (about 5 large dates)
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 2 eggs
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 medium-sized ripe banana
- 1/3 cup almond milk
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil or ghee, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a 1.5-quart glass or aluminum loaf pan with parchment paper and spray lightly with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside the loaf pan while you make the batter.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine almond flour, cassava flour, coconut sugar, baking powder, and ground cinnamon. Use a whisk to stir together. Then, add the chopped dates and walnuts and use a spatula to stir together. Set the bowl aside
- Place the eggs, vanilla extract, banana, and almond milk in a small high-speed blender and process on high until combined, about 15 seconds.
- Pour the mixture from the blender into the bowl with the dry ingredients. Add the melted coconut oil or ghee and stir to combine.
- Pour the batter into the baking dish and place in the oven for one hour, or until the bread turns golden brown. Remove the bread carefully from the dish and place onto a cooling rack.
- Serve warm or at room temperature. Refrigerate any leftovers and serve within 5 days.
Items recommended for recipe:
- Natural Delights Medjool dates (I used the organic version in my recipe)
- Pyrex glass loaf pan
- Almond flour
- Cassava flour
- Organic coconut sugar
A pinnable image to save this recipe on Pinterest:
What other kinds of baked items would you like me to make grain-free? Let me know in the comments!
Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!