This Winter Harvest Salad with Maple Balsamic Dressing is the perfect way to fight off the winter blues. With tons of texture, flavor, and nutrition, you’re sure to love this kale salad tossed with a sweet and flavorful dressing. Vegan, paleo, and gluten-free.
- 2 bunches curly kale, washed and patted dry
- 2 carrots, scrubbed and patted dry
- 2–4 small radishes, scrubbed and patted dry
- 2 cooked beets
- 1 pear
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- Pull off each kale leaf from the stems, place them in a large mixing bowl, and then use scissors or your hands to shred the leaves into bite-sized pieces.
- Chop the carrots, radishes, beets, and pear into bite-sized pieces, and add them to the mixing bowl with the kale. Toss to combine and set the mixing bowl aside while you make the dressing.
- Make the dressing, combine the balsamic vinegar, olive oil, Dijon mustard, maple syrup, and sea salt in a jar with a lid.
- Put the lid tightly on the jar and shake it vigorously for 10-15 seconds.
- Pour the dressing over your kale salad and use a spoon or your hands to mix together.
- If you can, let your Sweet Kale Salad sit for 15 minutes before serving. The kale will become more tender as it sits with the dressing. Otherwise, you can serve it right away.
- The easiest way to make a kale salad is to buy pre-washed and shredded kale. But, if you want to save money, then you can always wash and shred it yourself. Just buy two bunches of curly green, rinse the leaves under running water, and then pat them dry.
- Feel free to use whatever seasonal vegetables or fruits you can find. Other alternatives include pomegranates, shallots, persimmons, oranges, and fennel.
- Category: Salads
- Method: Chopping
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: balsamic maple vinaigrette, healthy kale salad, sweet kale salad