Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Pudding
This dairy-free Paleo Pumpkin Pie Pudding is so simple to make, but is decadent enough to serve on your holiday table! It’s a healthy, seasonal dessert recipe that is paleo and vegan-friendly.
If you’re on a gluten-free and dairy-free diet, then it can be hard to find holiday dessert recipes that work. This recipe is perfect because it tastes like a pumpkin pie, just without the crust.
This recipe is:
- vegan with a few alterations, and
- so easy and delicious.
This is a healthy dessert recipe, too. Each serving as the recipe is written contains approximately:
- 150 calories,
- 6 grams of fat,
- 2.2 grams of fiber,
- 3 grams of protein,
- and nearly 70% of the recommended daily intake for Vitamin A.
The first step in this Pumpkin Pie Pudding recipe is to preheat your oven and gather up your ingredients.
Don’t worry, if you’re vegan you will be leaving out the eggs. For the paleo version though, the eggs help add the custardy texture. Be sure to check the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact measurements.
The next step is to mix the ingredients together in a mixing bowl and pour them into a square baking dish.
Bake your Pumpkin Pie Pudding for 45 minutes, or until the top has stated to turn a golden brown. Then, just let the pudding cool for a bit and serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled.
Can I leave out the eggs in this recipe?
Yes, you can! To help the pudding set without eggs, use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch instead.
Can this recipe be sweetened with dates instead of maple syrup?
Yes, it can. You can combine all the ingredients (leave out the maple syrup) in a high-speed blender. You’ll need about 10 pitted dates.
More Pumpkin Recipes You Might Like
- Vegan Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Vegan Pumpkin Ice Cream
- Pumpkin Spice Chia Pudding
- Pumpkin Spice Energy Balls
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
Dairy-Free Pumpkin Pie Pudding
This dairy-free Paleo Pumpkin Pie Pudding is so simple to make, but is decadent enough to serve on your holiday table! It’s a healthy, seasonal dessert recipe.
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 45 minutes
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 6 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Dairy-Free
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 15-ounce can organic pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs, beaten (for vegan, leave out the eggs and use 2 tablespoons of cornstarch instead)
- 1/2 cup organic coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup organic maple syrup
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin puree, eggs or cornstarch, coconut milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and maple syrup.
- Pour the mixture into a 8-inch square baking dish and bake for 45 minutes, or until the top turns a golden brown.
- Serve warm or chill for at least 1-2 hours to thicken.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can make this recipe up to several days before you want to serve it. Just store it in the refrigerator and serve chilled.
Keywords: paleo pumpkin pie, crustless pumpkin pie, vegan pumpkin pie spice pudding
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.