This easy Zucchini Potato Soup is made with only a few ingredients. It’s a light and satisfying recipe that is also vegan and dairy-free.
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- 2 red potatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ onion, chopped
- 3 cups reduced-sodium broth
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup cashew cream (you can substitute heavy cream or yogurt, if you prefer)
- In a large saucepan, combine the zucchini, potatoes, onion, broth, salt, and pepper.
- Bring to a boil, place a lid on the pot, and reduce the heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are fork tender.
- Turn off the heat and use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup to a smooth consistency.
- Stir in the cashew cream and serve hot.
INSTANT POT DIRECTIONS: Combine the zucchini, potatoes, onion, broth, salt, and pepper in the base of a 6-quart Instant Pot. Lock on the lid and set the time to 6 minutes on high pressure. When the cooking time is up, let the pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes. Then, use the quick release and remove the lid. Use a hand immersion blender to blend the soup to a smooth consistency. Stir in the cashew cream and serve hot.
- Category: Soups
- Method: Stovetop or Pressure Cooker
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: vegan zucchini soup, dairy free soup, healthy zucchini recipe