Last Updated on
Here’s a delicious recipe for vegan and paleo cream of broccoli soup that is super easy to make. It’s a healthy and delicious meal!
This quick, blended creamy dairy-free broccoli soup recipe is super easy to make, especially if you roast the veggies ahead of time.
The trick to make this soup super creamy without any dairy is to use a high-speed blender. I use and recommend the Blendtec brand (affiliate link included). You won’t believe how the ingredients transform into a light and fluffy texture in less than 30 seconds.
The ingredients for this vegan broccoli soup are probably ones you have in your kitchen or are easy to find:
- broccoli florets
- lemon juice
Here’s the printable recipe for this vegan and paleo Cream of Broccoli Soup:
Here’s a delicious recipe for vegan cream of broccoli soup that is super easy to make. It’s a healthy and delicious meal!
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 1 onion, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 medium avocado, peeled
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth*
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Place the broccoli and onion in a medium mixing bowl and pour in the olive oil, salt, and pepper. Toss to coat.
- Pour the broccoli and onion onto the baking sheet and roast for 30 minutes.
- Remove the baking sheet from the oven and carefully transfer the roasted broccoli and onion to a high-speed blender.
- Add the avocado, garlic, freshly squeezed lemon juice, and broth.
- Process on high for 5 minutes until the soup is steaming.
- Serve hot. Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
*paleo friends can use chicken broth to increase the protein content of this recipe.
This recipe makes enough for two big servings or four small ones. I can say that I really love this soup, and I’m not even that big of a broccoli fan. I’ve been making this recipe almost every week lately as part of my weekly meal prep (see more meal prep ideas here).
The color is pretty too and pretty food always taste more delicious, right?!
Be sure to pin this recipe to Pinterest to save it for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!peel