Here’s a delicious recipe for creamy, dairy-free broccoli soup that is super easy and quick to make. Using a high-speed blender, it takes less than 5 minutes!
I’m re-publishing this from a few years ago, but with more appetizing pictures. Green soups I’m general aren’t that pretty, ha ha!
This quick blended creamy dairy-free broccoli soup recipe that is super easy to make, especially if you have any cooked sweet potatoes on hand. I prepped and steamed about four cups of broccoli for this recipe, and that was the only real time-consuming part:
My trusty Blendtec made this on the “soup” function, but it only takes 90 seconds total in a high-speed blender to blend into a puree. If you want to serve it piping hot, you’ll probably need to blend it an extra minute or two, though.
By the way, did you know that the Blendtec website has factory refurbished models available for under $300? I realize it’s a big investment, but having a high-speed blender has been transformative for my healthy kitchen. As you may recall from my review post, I’m an affiliate with the company and believe it’s an outstanding product.
The ingredients for this dairy-free broccoli soup are probably ones you have in your fridge: broccoli florets, sweet potato, onions, lemon juice, healthy fats, garlic, and turmeric (dried or fresh). The fresh turmeric looks like so…isn’t it a pretty shade of orange?
As noted in the recipe below, you could always substitute avocado for the ghee to make this 100% dairy-free and vegan.
This recipe transforms broccoli into a delicious, creamy dish. This is a dairy-free recipe with a vegan substitution.
- 4 cups fresh steamed broccoli florets (feel free to use the stems, too)
- 1 large cooked sweet potato, skin removed and discarded
- ½” knob of fresh turmeric root (or 1 teaspoon, ground turmeric)
- 1 clove fresh garlic
- 2 tablespoons, organic, pastured ghee or your choice of healthy fat (1/2 of a large avocado works too!)
- 1 tablespoon MCT or coconut oil (if using coconut oil, melt it first)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or, to taste
- green onions, chopped, for topping (you can also steam them with the broccoli if you prefer. I like them better that way because they aren’t as potent)
- Combine the steamed broccoli, sweet potato, turmeric, garlic, ghee (or avocado), oil, lemon juice, and salt into the pitcher of a high-speed blender.
- Process on high or until ingredients are smooth (about 90 seconds).
- Serve warm, with green onions on top.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 151
This recipe makes enough for two big servings or four small ones. I can say that I really love this soup, and I’m not even that big of a broccoli fan. In other words, I skipped the garnish on this one. The color is pretty too and pretty food always taste more delicious, right?!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!