You’ve got to try this recipe for Air Fryer Crispy Tofu. It’s so easy to make, and you can serve it with so many things. Best of all, the tofu cooks in just 15 minutes! This recipe is vegan, vegetarian, gluten-free, and grain-free.
- 1 10-ounce package of extra-firm tofu
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil (I used avocado oil)
- 2 teaspoons arrowroot starch
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Remove the tofu from its packaging and pat it dry with a paper towel.
- Place the block of tofu on a cutting board and use a chef’s knife to cut it into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the chopped tofu in a medium mixing bowl. Add the oil, arrowroot, paprika, garlic powder, and salt. Stir to combine.
- Pour the tofu into the basket of an air-fryer. Cook on 390 degrees F for 15-18 minutes, or until the outside starts to brown.
- Serve hot.
- You can use cornstarch if you don’t have arrowroot starch.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- You can make crispy tofu in a regular oven, if you prefer. Set the temperature to 400 degrees F for about 34-40 minutes, tossing once during the cooking process.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: how to air fry tofu, how to make crispy tofu, air fryer tofu with arrowroot starch