Air Fryer Green Beans
If you’re looking for an easy, healthy vegetable side dish, then you’ve got to try these Air Fryer Green Beans. You don’t need any added oil to make them crispy and delicious. Make this easy recipe in 15 minutes!
This green bean recipe is a healthy side dish that is also gluten-free, low carb, paleo, vegan, vegetarian, and Whole30-friendly. This healthy and perfect side dish goes great with your favorite cooked protein, such as my Gluten-Free Chicken Teriyaki.
The normal way to make crispy green beans is to cook them with a lot of oil on the stovetop. In this air-fryer method, you just need to give the beans a quick spray of nonstick cooking spray (just a very quick spray!) to get super crispy, perfectly cooked and tender green beans.
Let me show you exactly how to make them.
Wash and pat dry your fresh green beans. Trim the ends off and cut them in half, if you wish. Place the green beans in your air fryer basket and give them a quick spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In most cases, a “quick spray” means that you’ll have a negligible amount of added oil on the beans. It is mostly to keep them from sticking together and will help create a little bit of browning.
Set air fryer temperature to 375°F for and cook time of 10 minutes. You can shake the air fryer basket once during the cooking process, but you don’t have to. I cooked mine for 10 minutes straight and they were perfect!
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Use tongs to transfer your cooked green beans to a large bowl and serve warm. This really is a very easy side dish that uses less oil than if you were to cook them in the oven.
I hope your family loves this green bean recipe as much as mine does!
- Feel free to top your beans with red chili flakes, garlic salt, or black pepper for even more flavor.
- You can also serve your easy air fryer green beans with a dash of soy sauce (use tamari or coconut aminos for gluten-free diets) for extra flavor.
I have tried several models and found that they are all pretty similar. The biggest issue when it comes to air fryers is how much space they take up. So, be sure to measure the size before you order one.
I like using coconut oil blend nonstick cooking spray that has no added propellants or chemicals.
You will need to add some oil to get the beans crispy without burning them. Just toss the green beans with one tablespoon of cooking oil before air fryer them. You can use avocado oil or even sesame oil for more flavor.
Other Easy & Healthy Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Cubes with Cinnamon
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
- Air Fryer Roasted Breakfast Potatoes
- Air Fryer Broccoli Florets
- Air Fryer Carrots
- Air Fryer Frozen Brussel Sprouts
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
If you’re looking for an easy, healthy vegetable side dish, then you’ve got to try these Air Fryer Green Beans. You don’t need any added oil to make them crispy and delicious. Make this recipe in 15 minutes!
- 12 ounce bag of fresh green beans
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Wash and pat dry the green beans. Trim a little bit off each end and cut them in half.
- Pour the green beans into the basket of an air fryer. Add the salt and pepper.
- Set the temperature to 375°F for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked green beans to a serving bowl and serve warm.
- Store any leftovers in a covered container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Side dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: Healthy
Keywords: oil-free green beans
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.