Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies with Raisins
If you’re on a grain-free diet, then you are going to love these Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies with Raisins. They are a perfect healthy treat that is so easy to make. Paleo, dairy-free, and gluten-free.
If you’re like me and you’re on a grain-free or low-grain diet, then you’ve got to try cassava flour. Cassava flour comes from a root and not a grain, and so it’s perfect for paleo diets. Plus, cassava flour substitutes really well for wheat flour, and is very neutral in flavor.
This is a really easy cookie recipe to throw together. Whether you need a quick dessert for kiddos or just for yourself, I think you’re really going to love this recipe!
The first step is to gather up your ingredients and then combine them into a mixing bowl.
See the exact measurements, cooking temperature, and cooking time in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Use a spoon and your hands to roll the dough into 12 cookie shapes. Make a little ball and then flatten it. Lay the cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.
Bake the cookies until they are golden brown on top.
Again, please see the exact measurements, cooking temperature, and cooking time in the recipe card at the end of this post.
Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
The cookies may be a little crumbly when they first come out of the oven, but they will firm up as they cool, and especially if you refrigerate them after you bake them.
Yes, you can. Just add an extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips if you don’t want to use the raisins.
It has a very neutral flavor which is why it substitutes so well for wheat flour.
I buy it online. Otto’s Cassava Flour is the best brand because it is very consistent and I always get a good result.
More Cassava Flour Recipes You Might Like
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
If you’re on a grain-free diet, then you are going to love these Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies with Raisins. They are a perfect healthy treat that is so easy to make. Paleo, dairy-free, gluten-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup cassava flour
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat your oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the cassava flour, chocolate chips, raisins, baking powder, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Stir to combine.
- Next, stir in the egg, maple syrup, and coconut oil. Stir to combine.
- Use a spoon and your hands to form the cookie batter into 12 cookies. Make a ball with each one and then flatten it and lay it onto the baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 15-18 minutes, or until the tops of the cookies have turned a golden brown.
- Transfer the cookies to a cooling rack and let them cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- The cookies may be a little crumbly when you first take them out of the oven, but they will firm up as they cool or if you refrigerate them.
- If you don’t like raisins, you can just leave them out and add an extra 1/4 cup of chocolate chips instead.
- Store any leftover cookies in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. Enjoy at room temperature or chilled.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Paleo
Keywords: grain free chocolate chip cookies, cassava flour recipe, paleo cookie recipe
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.