Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookies
I have the perfect Cassava Flour Chocolate Chip Cookie for you! This grain-free and gluten-free recipe is the perfect healthy treat.
I got of ton of inspiration on healthy baking during the interview I did with Chef Vanessa Musi. She and I bonded over our love for cassava flour, and she reminded me that coconut sugar is a lower-glycemic option too. Actually, in that episode, Vanessa specifically mentioned a brand of coconut sugar that includes fiber and prebiotics, but for this recipe I used just plain coconut sugar.
My recipe for cassava flour chocolate chip cookies comes together easily and quickly, and only needs 16-18 minutes to bake.
I continue to be astounded how well cassava flour subs for regular flour, and in this case it created a light and fluffy cookie batch that disappeared almost as quickly as it was made.
I added some peppermint extract because, honestly, how could I resist chocolate + peppermint? And resist I did not, ha ha!
I’ll be making another batch this weekend, washed down with a big glass of almond milk.
- Stir coconut sugar with prebiotics or plain organic coconut sugar
- Otto’s cassava flour
- Organic ghee from grass-fed source
- Dairy-free chocolate chips
- Organic peppermint flavor
Other cassava flour recipes that you might like
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
I have the perfect cassava flour chocolate chip cookie recipe! This grain-free and gluten-free recipe uses cassava flour is the perfect treat.
- 2/3 cup cassava flour
- 3 tablespoons almond flour
- 3 tablespoons arrowroot flour
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 2/3 cup coconut sugar
- 3 tablespoons ghee, melted
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 1 egg
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1/4 cup dairy-free chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the cassava flour, almond flour, arrowroot flour, baking powder, and coconut sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Use a whisk to make sure the dry ingredients are well combined.
- Then, add the ghee, applesauce, egg, and peppermint extract (optional) to the dry ingredients and use a spatula to stir it well.
- Pour in the chocolate chips and stir one last time.
- Use a tablespoon or small measuring cup to portion out the cookies onto the baking sheet. You will have about 15 cookies total.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes or until the cookies are browned on top, but not burned.
- Transfer the cookies to a drying rack to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Baking
- Cuisine: Grain-Free, Gluten-Free
Keywords: cassava flour cookies, grain-free cookies, paleo cookies, chocolate chip cookies, cassava chocolate chip cookies