Homemade CBD Sleep Gummies
This recipe for Homemade CBD Sleep Gummies is budget-friendly and easy to make. The ingredients in these gummies may help improve sleep quality. This recipe is gluten-free and made using quality ingredients.
There are a lot of CBD gummies and edibles on the market. If you’re like me and are very picky about the ingredients you put in your body, then you might want to try making your own. Also, it’s more affordable to make your own.
If you prefer to just buy a CBD product to help with sleep, you can check out Medterra’s CBD sleep capsules that include CBD and melatonin. Use code CLEANEATING for 15% off your order!
And, be sure to check with your healthcare provider to make sure CBD is right for you. You can read this article about using CBD to help manage anxiety and other health conditions. You might also like this article on how to sleep better with anxiety.
Besides CBD, one of the main ingredients in these Homemade CBD Sleep Gummies is tart cherry juice. Tart cherries have been studied for their anti-inflammatory properties and benefits on sleep quality, especially in people who are already having a hard time with sleep.
Tart cherry juice is not only health-promoting, but it tastes great! It is tart, yes, but you can balance the tartness with raw honey.
To make the gummies, you’ll heat the juice in a saucepan just to a very light simmer.
Next, whisk in the gelatin and the honey, stirring for about a minute until the ingredients are combined.
Turn off the heat and add two milliliters of CBD oil. Give the mixture one final whisk.
The last step is to pour the mixture into your mold. You can do this without spilling by transferring the mixture into a small pitcher. Or, you can use a dropper if you are using a gummy bear mold.
Divide the juice mixture evenly into your mold. Place the mold on a baking sheet and set it in the freezer or the refrigerator to set.
Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour before removing the gummies from the molds. Store the gummies in the fridge for up to 10 days.
See the full printable recipe below.
As mentioned, it’s actually really easy to make homemade CBD Gummies. You’ll need a few key ingredients, including:
- CBD Oil (I used the 3,000mg tincture from Medterra; it contains 100mg of CBD per 1ml serving)
- Grass-fed collagen gelatin
- Tart cherry juice concentrate (or your choice of juice)
- Raw honey, or your choice of sweetener
- Gummy molds, such as this BPA-free silicone heart mold, this flower-shaped silicone mold, or these gummy bear molds.
How long do gummies take to kick in?
Allow at least 30 minutes for CBD gummies to help with sleep.
How many gummies should I take?
Again, it’s a very individual decision to determine how many gummies you should take. I would recommend starting with the lowest dose and moving up from there.
Note: this post is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider for recommendations related to your individual situation.
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.
Homemade CBD Sleep Gummies
This recipe for Homemade CBD Sleep Gummies is budget-friendly and easy to make. The ingredients in these gummies may help improve sleep quality. This recipe is gluten-free.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 15 minutes
- Yield: 10 1x
- Category: Snack, supplement
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Alternative
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 ml of the 3,000mg Medterra CBD Oil tincture
- Start: by adding the juice to a medium saucepan over low heat. Heat the juice to a light simmer.
- Whisk: in the gelatin and the honey, stirring for about a minute until the ingredients are combined.
- Turn off the heat: and add two milliliters of CBD oil. Give the mixture one final whisk.
- Pour: the mixture into your mold. You can do this without spilling by transferring the mixture into a pitcher.
- Divide: the juice mixture evenly into your mold. Place the mold on a baking sheet and set it in the freezer or the refrigerator to set.
- Wait: at least 30 minutes to one hour before removing the gummies from the molds.
- Store: the gummies in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- 2 ml of the Medterra 3,000mg tincture includes 200mg of CBD. So, each gummy includes 20mg of CBD.
- Do not serve these gummies to children without asking your healthcare provider first.
Keywords: cbd gummies using tart cherry juice, homemade edibles
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.