This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
Last Updated on
These Homemade CBD Gummies for sleep are so delicious and easy to make. They can naturally help improve sleep quality.
Note: this post is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider for recommendations related to your individual situation.
There are a lot of CBD gummies and edibles on the market. Since I’m so picky about the quality of ingredients I use, I decided to try making my own CBD Gummy for sleep. It’s actually super easy and kinda fun, so that’s why I’m sharing the recipe with you. Also, it’s more affordable to make your own!
If you prefer to just buy a CBD product to help with sleep, you should check out Medterra’s CBD sleep capsules that include CBD and melatonin. They’re great, too.
Use code CLEANEATING for 15% off your order at MedterraCBD.com!
Tart Cherry Juice
Tart Cherry Juice is an amazing supplement. Tart cherries have also been studied for their anti-inflammatory properties, and benefits on sleep quality, especially in people who are already having a hard time with sleep.
Tart cherry juice is not only health-promoting, but it tastes great! It is tart, yes, but you’ll see I off-set some of the tartness with raw honey in my CBD Sleep Gummy recipe below.
The obvious next question is which CBD Oil do I recommend for these CBD gummies?
I’m an affiliate with the company called Medterra CBD, and there are a few reasons why I strongly recommend the CBD from Medterra.
First, the products are all certified to be 100% free of THC. While some CBD products are known as full-spectrum and can contain trace amounts of THC, the CBD from Medterra has been lab-tested to be free from any THC. This means that you won’t fail a drug test and you likely won’t feel any negative side effects from taking Medterra CBD.
As mentioned, it’s actually really easy to make homemade CBD Gummies. You’ll need a few key ingredients, including:
- CBD Oil (I used the 3,000mg tincture from Medterra; it contains 100mg of CBD per 1ml serving)
- Grass-fed collagen gelatin
- Tart cherry juice concentrate (or your choice of juice)
- Raw honey, or your choice of sweetener
- Gummy molds, I used this BPA-free silicone heart mold and this flower-shaped silicone mold
To make the gummies, you’ll heat the juice in a saucepan just to a very light simmer.
Next, whisk in the gelatin and the honey, stirring for about a minute until the ingredients are combined.
Turn off the heat and add two milliliters of CBD oil. Give the mixture one final whisk.
The last step is to pour the mixture into your mold. You can do this without spilling by transferring the mixture into a small pitcher.
Divide the juice mixture evenly into your mold. Place the mold on a baking sheet and set it in the freezer or the refrigerator to set.
Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour before removing the gummies from the molds. Store the gummies in the fridge for up to 10 days.
See the full printable recipe below.
Can gummies help with anxiety?
CBD does have research showing it can reduce symptoms of anxiety. But, it’s usually an individual thing and so you’ll just have to try it to see if it works to help with your anxiety.
How long do gummies take to kick in?
Allow at least 30 minutes for CBD gummies to help with sleep.
How many gummies should I take?
Again, it’s a very individual decision to determine how many gummies you should take. I would recommend starting with the lowest dose and moving up from there.
Here’s the printable recipe:Print
These Homemade CBD Sleep Gummies are so delicious and easy to make.
- 1 cup tart cherry juice
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 ml of the 3,000mg Medterra CBD Oil tincture
- Start by adding the juice to a medium saucepan over low heat. Heat the juice to a light simmer.
- Next, whisk in the gelatin and the honey, stirring for about a minute until the ingredients are combined.
- Turn off the heat and add two milliliters of CBD oil. Give the mixture one final whisk.
- The last step is to pour the mixture into your mold. You can do this without spilling by transferring the mixture into a pitcher.
- Divide the juice mixture evenly into your mold. Place the mold on a baking sheet and set it in the freezer or the refrigerator to set.
- Wait at least 30 minutes to one hour before removing the gummies from the molds.
- Store the gummies in the fridge for up to 10 days.
2 ml of the Medterra 3,000mg tincture includes 200mg of CBD. So, each gummy includes 20mg of CBD.
Do not serve to children without asking your healthcare provider first.