How to Make CBD Gummies
This guide for How to Make CBD Gummies includes step-by-step instructions. It’s easy and budget-friendly to make your own CBD edibles at home. You also have more control over the quality of the ingredients when they are homemade. Make a batch in just 45 minutes!
There are a lot of CBD gummies and edibles on the market. But, if you’re like me and are very picky about the ingredients you put in your body, then you might want to try making your own.
Also, it’s more affordable and budget-friendly when you make them at home.
What are CBD Gummies?
CBD, the shortened name for Cannibidiol, is an active ingredient of the hemp plant. CBD Gummies are simply gummy treats infused with CBD oil.
The Harvard Health blog states that CBD has promising research supporting its use in treating epilepsy, anxiety, insomnia, and some forms of chronic pain. However, more research is needed and there can be some side effects associated with ingesting CBD.
As with any supplement, it’s important that you talk to your doctor to make sure CBD is right for you. And, it’s also important that you do your own research to make sure that CBD is legal where you live.
Learn more about the potential health benefits of using CBD oil.
How to Make CBD Gummies
As mentioned, it’s very easy to make your own CBD Gummies. This recipe for Homemade CBD Gummies only has four simple ingredients.
To make the gummies, you’ll heat the juice in a saucepan just to a very light simmer. You can use whatever type of fruit juice you like. To avoid too much sugar, use 100% fruit juice like pomegranate juice.
Next, whisk in the gelatin and the honey, stirring for about a minute until the ingredients are combined. If you want to make a vegan version, see my recipe for Vegan Gummies.
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Turn off the heat and add two milliliters of CBD oil. Give the mixture one final whisk.
The last step is to pour the mixture into your mold. You can do this without spilling by transferring the mixture into a small pitcher.
Divide the juice mixture evenly into your molds. Place the molds on a baking sheet and set it in the freezer or the refrigerator to set.
I used these heart shaped silicone molds. This recipe for how to make CBD gummies makes 30 pieces total, or 30 servings.
Wait at least 30 minutes before removing the gummies from the molds. Store the gummies in the fridge for up to 10 days.
It’s a very individual decision to determine how many gummies you should take. Please consult your healthcare provider regarding the best CBD dosage for you.
Two mL or two droppers as recommended of the Medterra 3,000mg tincture includes 200mg of CBD. So, each serving of two gummies will provide about 13 mg or CBD. To make the gummies more potent, you can add up to 4 ml of CBD oil (or 4 droppers-full of the Medterra 3000 mg bottle).
This recipe is sweet with a nice soft texture. These homemade CBD gummies taste a bit like candy gummy bears.
Gelatin is a powder that gives the gummies their texture. Gelatin is what is used to make Jello. Grass-fed gelatin is also a source of protein and collagen and has its own health benefits. Learn more about the benefits of collagen protein.
As mentioned, it’s actually really easy to make homemade CBD Gummies. You’ll need a few key ingredients, including:
- CBD Oil (I used the 3,000mg tincture from Medterra; use code CLEANEATING for 15% off your order)
- Grass-fed collagen gelatin
- Raw honey, or your choice of sweetener
- Gummy molds, such as this BPA-free silicone heart mold
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
This guide for How to Make CBD Gummies includes step-by-step instructions. It’s easy and budget-friendly to make your own CBD edibles at home. Plus, you have more control over the quality of the ingredients when they are homemade. Make a batch in just 45 minutes!
- 1 cup 100% fruit juice such as pomegranate juice
- 2 tablespoons grass-fed gelatin
- 2 tablespoons raw honey
- 2 ml of the 3,000mg Medterra CBD Oil tincture
- In a medium saucepan, pour in the fruit juice and heat it over medium heat to a gentle simmer.
- Once the juice comes to a simmer, turn off the heat and whisk in the gelatin and the honey, stirring for about a minute until the ingredients are combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a small pitcher. Whisk in the CBD oil and then pour the mixture into your molds.
- Place the molds on a baking sheet and set it in the freezer or the refrigerator to set.
- Wait at least 30 minutes before removing the gummies from the molds.
- Store the gummies in the fridge for up to 10 days.
- 2 ml of the Medterra 3,000mg tincture includes 200mg of CBD. So, each serving will provide about 13 mg or CBD.
- To make the gummies more potent, you can add up to 4 ml of CBD oil (or 4 droppers-full of the Medterra 3000 mg bottle).
- Do not serve these gummies to children without asking your healthcare provider first.
- Category: Supplement
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Alternative
Keywords: cbd gummies using fruit juice, homemade edibles
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.
Note: this post is for informational purposes only and is not intended as medical advice. Please consult your healthcare provider for recommendations related to your individual situation.