Homemade Healthy Gummy Bears
If you’re looking for a homemade Gummy Bear Recipe that is yummy and fun to eat, then you are going to want to check out this recipe. This healthy treat has antioxidants, vitamin C, and collagen protein.
I have been a fan of gummy treats since I was a kid. Of course, the gummy treats of my childhood are not healthy given that they were full of sugar and artificial coloring and flavors.
I have not lost my love for everything gummy, though. There is something just so satisfying about chewing up something small and sweet. If you have the same craving or you want to make a healthy snack for your kids, then I think you’re really going to love these Healthy Homemade Gummy Bears!
This recipe is super easy to make, although it does take a little effort. You only need 3-4 ingredients, depending on what flavor of gummy bear you want to make. I decided to make a Pomegranate Lime Gummy Bear, so I used pomegranate juice, fresh lime juice, honey, and gelatin.
If you want to make this recipe at home, you can use whatever 100% fruit juice you have on hand or like. The proportions of juice, gelatin, and sweetener should remain the same.
The main ingredient in gummy bears is gelatin. This is not a vegan or vegetarian recipe, though, since gelatin is made from the collagen of animals. I always buy organic, grass-fed gelatin.
Gelatin is similar to collagen protein, although collagen tends to dissolve a little easier in smoothies or hot drinks. Gelatin has the special property of being able to add that thick, jelly-like texture to foods when it is prepared properly.
Each serving of these homemade gummy bears has approximately:
- 60 calories
- 3 grams of protein
- 3% of the daily recommended intake of Vitamin C
- and virtually no fat.
Grab your molds and lay them on a baking sheet. This will make it easier to put the molds in the refrigerator or the freezer.
Combine the ingredients in a saucepan and slowly stir in the gelatin.
Use a dropper to get the mixture from the saucepan into the molds. Then, refrigerator or freeze the molds to get the bears to set.
Other Healthy Snack Recipes
- Homemade Paleo Jello
- Crunchy Roasted Chickpeas
- Orange Banana Smoothie
- 4-Ingredient Chocolate Fig Bars
- Chocolate Peppermint Energy Balls
- 2-Minute Instant Pot Hardboiled Eggs
Here is the printable recipe for Pomegranate Gummy Bears:Print
If you’re looking for a homemade Gummy Bear Recipe that is yummy and fun to eat, then you are going to want to check out this recipe. This healthy treat has antioxidants, vitamin C, and protein.
- ¾ cup pomegranate juice (or juice of your flavor)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons gelatin
- Lay out your molds on a baking sheet and set aside.
- In a small saucepan, combine the juice and honey. Turn the heat to low and whisk the ingredients together.
- Slowly, add the gelatin to the saucepan one tablespoon at a time, whisking the ingredients to help the gelatin to dissolve.
- Let the mixture come to a simmer and then turn off the heat. Stir in the lime juice, if you are using.
- Use a dropper to divide the mixture into the gummy bear molds. Place the molds into the refrigerator or freezer to set.
- Once the gummy bears have set, remove them from the molds and store them in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to a week.
The gummy bears will set very fast, about 20 minutes in the refrigerator or 10 minutes in the freezer.
- Category: Snack
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: Paleo
Keywords: paleo gummy bears, healthy gummy bears, how to make gummy bears