Air Fryer Chickpeas (Ranch Flavor)
When you want a crispy and satisfying healthy snack, try these Air Fryer Chickpeas. This ranch-flavored tasty treat is gluten-free and vegan, and can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Whether you’re looking for a healthy snack for kids as they go back to school, or you just need something quick and tasty for yourself, you’ve got to try these Air Fryer Chickpeas.
In just 30 minutes, you can transform a simple can of chickpeas into a crunchy and flavorful snack that is full of ranch flavor. Don’t worry, I won’t tell if you want the entire batch of crispy chickpeas for yourself!
I love to include them as part of my Vegan Charcuterie Board when hosting a party.
Air Fryer Roasted Chickpea Benefits
- To make this healthy snack you just need a can of chickpeas and a few seasonings. It’s that easy!
- Satisfy your crunch snack cravings with this budget-friendly and non-processed food recipe. You’ll get fiber and flavor in one yummy bite. It’s a delicious snack you can feel good about feeding your family.
- Customize this recipe to your liking. Make it spicier or saltier depending on your tastes. These air-fried chickpeas are sure to become one of your favorite snacks.
- As mentioned, the base of this recipe starts with canned chickpeas which are easy to find and not expensive.
- For flavoring, you’ll need to add some spices and dried herbs. I like to use a ranch flavoring which consists of salt, garlic powder, and dried herbs. You can also include dried onion powder, black pepper, and chili powder if you wish.
- A little olive oil helps make the air-friend chickpeas turn a golden brown. You can also use avocado oil.
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Let me show you how to make these yummy and crispy air fryer chickpeas! I know you are going to love this crunch snack.
Open up a 15-ounce can of chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans).
Pour the beans into a fine-mesh colander and rinse them well. (You can save the canning liquid which is known as aquafina for another recipe).
Pour the rinsed chickpeas onto a dry clean kitchen towel or paper towels and pat them dry. Try to get rid of all the excess moisture.
Then, transfer the chickpeas to a mixing bowl.
Grab your spices, salt, and dried herbs to make your ranch-flavored mixture (see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements).
This is when the fun part happens! Pour the spices, dried herbs, and salt over your chickpeas in the medium bowl and toss to combine.
Transfer the chickpeas to your air fryer basket and cook them for 18 minutes at 390 degrees F.
Serve them warm or at room temperature.
These also make a great salad topper! I love them as a crunchy snack though.
- Chickpeas are also called garbanzo beans.
- You can cook your own chickpeas from scratch in the Instant Pot. Here’s a great recipe for Instant Pot Chickpeas using dry chickpeas.
- Feel free to get creative with your seasonings. If you’re out of one of the seasonings or herbs, just add more of another. Curry powder would be amazing. Or, feel free to make a sweet version using cinnamon sugar!
- If you want to bake these crunch chickpeas in a regular oven, roast them for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F in a single layer on a baking sheet.
- Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week.
Yes! You can use whatever blend of herbs and spices you like to amen your crunch chickpeas.
Yes! I have a recipe for oven-baked Garlic Roasted Chickpeas you might like. Or, you can use this recipe. Just bake them for 45 minutes at 400 degrees.
More Healthy Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
- Air Fryer Apple Crisp
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Air Fryer Crispy Tofu
Or, check out my entire list of gluten-free air fryer recipes.
Don’t Miss These Air Fryer Resources!
- 1 15–ounce can chickpeas (also called garbanzo beans)
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Open up the can of chickpeas and pour them in a fine mesh strainer. Rinse and drain them well.
- Pour the rinsed chickpeas onto a clean towel and pat them dry.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the chickpeas, olive oil, dried thyme, dried parsley, dried dill, onion powder, garlic powder, sea salt, and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Transfer the chickpeas to the basket of your air fryer. Cook at 390 degrees F for 18 minutes, or until the chickpeas are crispy and slightly browned.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- If you don’t have all the ingredients, just leave it out and use more of another.
- This recipe is best served the day you make it. But, you can store any leftover roasted chickpeas in an air-tight container at room temperature for up to 1-2 days.
- You can bake these in a regular oven, if you prefer. You’ll need to roast them for 45 minutes at 400 degrees F.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 18 minutes
- Category: Snack
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 101
- Sugar: 2.6 g
- Sodium: 426.1 mg
- Fat: 2.8 g
- Saturated Fat: 0.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 15.2 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg
Keywords: crispy chickpeas in air fryer, air fryer garbanzo beans, ranch flavored roasted chickpeas
Don’t forget to join my newsletter list to get exclusive clean eating recipes and tips. The newsletter is 100% free with no spam; unsubscribe anytime.
About the Author: Carrie Forrest has a master’s degree in public health with a specialty in nutrition. She is a top wellness and food blogger with nearly 10 million annual visitors to her site. Carrie has an incredible story of recovery from chronic illness and is passionate about helping other women transform their health. Send Carrie a message through her contact form.