This post may contain affiliate links which won’t change your price but will share some commission.
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is hearty and nourishing, made with a variety of vegetables. Make this soup in just about 30 minutes in a pressure cooker.
Why is This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe So Great?
- This vegan vegetable soup is loaded with flavorful vegetables and herbs.
- Add more protein by swapping the chicken stock (not vegan) for the vegetable stock.
- After a quick prep, this hearty vegetable soup cooks in about 30 minutes in the Instant Pot.
Ingredient in this 30-Minute Vegetable Soup:
This hearty soup is loaded with veggies with nothing exotic or hard to find. You probably have most of these vegetables in your kitchen right now!
- green beans
- diced tomatoes
- dried herbs
Steps to make this Pressure Cooker Vegetable Soup Recipe:
1. Wash and prep all of the veggies.
2. Select saute on the Instant Pot and once hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Press Cancel and pour in the green beans, broth, and tomatoes.
4. Add the potatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
5. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 8 minutes.
6. Natural release for 10 minutes.
7. Remove bay leaf and serve hot, topped with parsley.
Is this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Really Healthy?
I think so! This recipe has at least several servings of vegetables in each bowl, so it’s a great way to get fiber and lots of micronutrients. Cooked veggies are generally easier to digest than raw vegetables, so it’s healthy in that way.
My only complaint is that it doesn’t have a lot of protein. I am on a PCOS diet and I do best with protein at every meal, so I like to add cooked ground turkey or beef to this soup to help balance the macronutrients.
Top Tips to Make this Instapot Soup Recipe:
- Substitute, add or omit vegetables to your personal preferences.
- Add your favorite dried herbs.
- Swap out the vegetable broth for chicken broth (non-vegan) for a boost of protein. Or, stir in your favorite cooked protein before serving.
Other Healthy Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like:
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup (Dairy-Free)
- Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup (Paleo, Vegan)
- Instant Pot Lemon Quinoa Vegetable Salad (One-Pot, Vegan)
And, don’t miss my epic round-up of Vegan Instant Pot recipes!
Here is the printable Instant Pot Vegetable Soup Recipe:Print
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is hearty and nourishing, made with a variety of vegetables. This healthy soup can be made in just about 30 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, ends trimmed and halved
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional, for topping)
- Select Sauté and add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Press Cancel and pour in the green beans, broth, and tomatoes. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add the potatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 8 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Stir the stew and serve hot, topped with the parsley. Place any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
Pin this Instant Pot Vegetable Soup recipe to Pinterest to save it for later:
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!