Instant Pot Vegetable Soup (30-Minute Meal)
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is hearty and nourishing, made with a variety of vegetables. Make this soup in just about 30 minutes in a pressure cooker.
- This vegan Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is loaded with flavorful vegetables and herbs.
- Add more protein by swapping the chicken stock (not vegan) for the vegetable stock.
- After a quick prep, this hearty vegetable soup cooks in about 30 minutes in the Instant Pot.
- I’ve also included stovetop directions in the recipe card.
This hearty soup is loaded with veggies with nothing exotic or hard to find. You probably have most of these vegetables in your kitchen right now!
1. Wash and prep all of the veggies.
2. Select saute on the Instant Pot and once hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes.
3. Press Cancel and pour in the green beans, broth, and tomatoes.
4. Add the potatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaves.
5. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 8 minutes.
6. Natural release for 10 minutes.
7. Remove bay leaf and serve hot, topped with parsley.
Is this Soup Really Healthy?
I think so! This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup has at least several servings of vegetables in each bowl, so it’s a great way to get fiber and lots of micronutrients. Cooked veggies are generally easier to digest than raw vegetables, so it’s healthy in that way.
My only complaint is that it doesn’t have a lot of protein. I am on a PCOS diet and I do best with protein at every meal, so I like to add cooked ground turkey or beef to this soup to help balance the macronutrients.
- Substitute, add or omit vegetables to your personal preferences.
- Add your favorite dried herbs.
- Swap out the vegetable broth for chicken broth (non-vegan) for a boost of protein. Or, stir in your favorite cooked protein before serving.
Other Healthy Instant Pot Recipes You Might Like
- Instant Pot Butternut Squash Soup (Dairy-Free)
- Instant Pot Carrot Ginger Soup (Paleo, Vegan)
- Instant Pot Lemon Quinoa Vegetable Salad (One-Pot, Vegan)
- Instant Pot Vegetable Beef Soup
And, don’t miss my epic round-up of Vegan Instant Pot recipes!
Here is the printable recipe:Print
Instant Pot Vegetable Soup (30-Minute Meal)
This Instant Pot Vegetable Soup is hearty and nourishing, made with a variety of vegetables. This healthy soup can be made in just about 30 minutes in the pressure cooker.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 8 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Instant Pot pressure cooker
- Cuisine: Vegan, vegetarian, gluten free
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 4 celery stalks, sliced
- 1 cup button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup green beans, ends trimmed and halved
- 4 cups reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 14.5-ounce can diced tomatoes
- 1 pound baby red potatoes, halved
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley (optional, for topping)
- Select Sauté and add the oil to the inner pot. Once hot, add the onion, garlic, carrots, celery, and mushrooms and cook for about 3 minutes, or until the vegetables start to soften.
- Press Cancel and pour in the green beans, broth, and tomatoes. Using a wooden spoon, scrape up any browned bits stuck to the bottom of the pot. Add the potatoes, rosemary, thyme, salt, pepper, and bay leaves. Stir to combine.
- Lock the lid into place. Select Pressure Cook or Manual, and adjust the pressure to High and the time to 8 minutes. Make sure the steam release knob is in the sealed position. After cooking, naturally release the pressure for 10 minutes, then quick release any remaining pressure.
- Unlock and remove the lid. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Stir the stew and serve hot, topped with the parsley. Place any leftovers in an airtight container and refrigerate for up to 4 days.
STOVETOP DIRECTIONS: Grab a large lidded pot. Heat the oil over medium heat. Sauté the vegetables for a few minutes. Add the herbs, salt, and pepper, along with the broth and potatoes. Increase the heat to high, bring the mixture to a boil, and then lower the heat, cover the pot, and simmer for 15 minutes, or until the vegetables and potatoes are cooked through. Serve hot.
Keywords: vegetable soup in pressure cooker, Instapot soup, healthy Instant Pot recipe