Instant Pot Baked Apples (30-Minutes)
This Instant Pot Baked Apples recipe is a delicious, healthy dessert that is vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo. You only need five ingredients and 30 minutes.
With apple season quickly approaching, I’ve updated one of the most popular recipes from Clean Eating Kitchen. This Instant Pot Baked Apples recipe is one that I personally like to make year after year.
Baked apples are such a healthy way to enjoy the flavors of fall. With raisins, chopped nuts, and cinnamon, this tasty dessert is so satisfying.
This recipe is also perfect when you want something sweet, but you don’t have the time or desire to make something elaborate. Start to finish, this recipe takes just about 30 minutes, and only uses 5 ingredients!
To make this recipe, first you need to wash and core your apples. I use a melon baller or paring knife to cut out most of the core, and then I used a spoon to scoop out any excess seeds.
Next, make your mixture that you will use to fill the apples. I recommend coconut sugar (or brown sugar or date sugar), cinnamon, chopped nuts, and raisins.
Place the trivet inside your Instant Pot along with your water. Then, place the apples on top. Use a spoon to fill each of the apples with the filling.
Bake the apples for five minutes at high pressure. When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes. Then, remove the lid and use tongs to remove the apples to a serving platter or bowl.
What are the best types of apples to use for baked apples?
I personally like to use red apples that are sweet. So, Fuji, Gala, and Honeycrisp are great choices when making baked apples. I tend to stay away from green apples for this recipe, just because they are usually on the tart side.
Can I make this recipe in a 3-quart Instant Pot?
Yes, you can! But, you may have to cut the recipe in half (except be sure to still use one cup of water).
More Easy & Healthy Apple Recipes
- Gluten-Free Classic Apple Pie
- Instant Pot Cinnamon Raisin Applesauce
- Pear Apple Cobbler (Vegan & Gluten-Free)
- No Sugar Crockpot Applesauce
- Cassava Flour Cinnamon Apple Muffins (Grain-Free)
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.
Instant Pot Baked Apples (30-Minutes)
This Instant Pot Baked Apples recipe is a delicious healthy dessert that is vegan, gluten-free, grain-free, and paleo. You only need five ingredients and 30 minutes.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Vegan
- 4 apples
- 2 teaspoons coconut sugar*
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds, pecans, or walnuts
- 1 cup water
- Wash and core the apples, using a spoon or melon baller to make sure you remove all of the apple seeds. Be careful not to poke a hole in the bottom of the apples.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut sugar, cinnamon, raisins, and chopped nuts. Stir to combine.
- Then, use a spoon to divide the mixture between the apples, carefully filling the hole of each apple.
- Place the trivet into the bottom of a 6-quart Instant Pot. Add the water into the bottom of the pot.
- Place the apples onto the trivet and lock on the lid.
- Set the time to 5 minutes at high pressure.
- When the cooking time is complete, let the pressure come down naturally for about 10 minutes, and then use the quick-release to unlock the lid.
- Use tongs to remove the apples to a serving platter or bowl. You can use a serving spoon to pour some of the liquid from the bottom of the pot onto the apples.
- Serve the apples warm or at room temperature.
*You can use brown sugar or date sugar, if you prefer.
Keywords: pressure cooker baked apples, healthy baked apples, how to cook apples in the Instant Pot
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.