Meatloaf Muffins (Gluten-Free & Paleo)
These Meatloaf Muffins are a great 30-minute meal prep recipe that you can serve at lunch or for dinner. This recipe is gluten-free and paleo.
Meatloaf muffins are simply the ingredients of a meatloaf cooked in a muffin tin! It’s a faster way to get the great flavor and nutrition of a meatloaf, and it’s one of my favorite meal prep recipes.
Meatloaf muffins can be served just like regular meatloaf, on a plate with roasted vegetables or potatoes, or whatever you like. I often serve mine on top of a salad. They are so full of flavor, that these muffins really stand up on their own.
The ingredients are pretty simple for this recipe, you just need:
- lean ground meat
- chopped onion
- almond flour
- ketchup (this is the brand of sugar-free ketchup I like)
To make the muffins, you literally just combine the ingredients in a mixing bowl and use your hands to transfer the mixture to a lightly-greased muffin tin. Then, they need to bake for 20 minutes and they’re done. That’s it!
Is this Recipe Healthy?
- I always recommend using 100% grass-fed meat which is healthier and safer to eat than conventional meat for several reasons
- Because this recipe uses almond flour as a binder instead of traditional wheat flour, the muffins are grain-free, gluten-free, and keto-friendly, too.
- Homemade food is almost always healthier than restaurant or prepared foods, as you have control over the ingredients. Also, you are less likely to overeat at home than you are at a restaurant. So, these homemade meatloaf muffins are a win-win.
- Lastly, the nutritional profile of these muffins are pretty great, especially if you’re following a lower-carb, higher protein diet for weight loss or weight management. Each serving of three muffins contains*:
- 30 grams of protein
- 6.4 grams of fat
- 7.3 grams of carbohydrate
- and only 3.3 grams of sugar
- * nutrition info is approximate
Here is the printable recipe:Print
These Meatloaf Muffins are a healthy and easy 30-minute lunch or dinner option. This recipe is gluten-free with paleo.
- Nonstick cooking spray
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- ½ onion, minced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup prepared sugar-free ketchup
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375F. Spray a 12-well muffin tin with nonstick cooking spray and set it aside.
- Combine the ground beef, onion, garlic, egg, almond flour, ketchup, salt, and pepper in a medium mixing bowl. Use your hands to combine the ingredients.
- Divide the meatloaf mixture between the 12 muffin wells. Bake them for 20 minutes or until the muffins are cooked through. Serve this dish hot.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, place any leftovers in a zip-top bag and freeze for up to 2 months.
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Oven
- Cuisine: Paleo, gluten-free
Keywords: meal prep meatloaf, healthy meatloaf, gluten-free meatloaf