Easiest Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
You’re going to love these easy and juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal. These gluten-free burgers can be made in less than 30 minutes.
Do you have an air-fryer in your kitchen yet? At first I was skeptical about buying another appliance, but now I really love it! An air fryer is essentially a mini convention oven, so it is excellent at removing moisture from foods and creating a crispy exterior. This air-fryer is similar to mine.
Many people think an air fryer is a deep fryer, but it is not. Just think of an air fryer as a small oven that can fit on your countertop. Air-frying is great because it doesn’t heat up your kitchen and you can make smaller batches of food without worrying about having to heat up your big kitchen oven.
- These air-fryer turkey burgers are grain-free, gluten-free, and so easy to throw together in a short amount of time.
- Turkey burgers can be served on a gluten-free bun. Or, for a low-carb option, serve the burgers on a salad or on top of spiralized zucchini noodles.
- You can meal prep these burgers and re-heat them throughout the week. Or, freeze the cooked burgers and serve them at a later date.
You won’t believe how easy this recipe is. Just mix together the ingredients and form the patties with your hands. One pound of turkey will yield about 4 burgers.
Place the burgers in the basket of your air fryer. Add a little bit of water to the air fryer to keep the burgers from smoking.
Set the time to 360 degree F and cook for 12-14 minutes. Serve the air-fryer turkey burgers with your favorite toppings, including air fryer bacon!
Can I use ground beef for this recipe?
Yes, absolutely! But, check out my Air Fryer Hamburgers recipe for exact cooking times.
I don’t have almond flour. Can I leave it out?
Yes, you can. Or, you can substitute gluten-free or regular breadcrumbs for the almond flour.
Why do you put water in the bottom of the air fryer?
By putting water in the bottom of the air fryer, it will keep any grease from smoking.
What is the best air fryer?
There are a ton of them on the market. I have owned several, and each one was a little bit different. For a basic, entry-level model, I like this large air-fryer that is very similar to mine.
Where do you get your buns?
I buy grain-free, gluten-free buns from the freezer section of my local natural foods market.
Other Healthy Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Hamburgers
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Easiest Air Fryer Salmon
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Blueberry Muffins
Or, see my entire index of healthy air fryer recipes.
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
Easiest Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
You’re going to love these easy and juicy Air Fryer Turkey Burgers. This recipe is perfect for a quick weeknight meal.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 14 minutes
- Total Time: 24 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main dish
- Method: Air fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup water
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup almond flour (or your favorite flour)
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried garlic
- ¼ teaspoon dried oregano
- Spray the basket of an air-fryer lightly with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add the water to the bottom of the air fryer. This will keep any grease from smoking during the cooking process.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground turkey, egg, almond flour, sea salt, black pepper, garlic, and oregano. Use your hands to mix the ingredients together and form four patties.
- Place the patties in the air fryer basket and set the time to 360°F for 12-14 minutes, or until an instant read thermometer reads 165°F.
Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Or, you can freeze the cooked burgers for up to 2 months.
Keywords: air-fryer burgers, turkey burgers in air fryer, air fried turkey burgers
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.