These Baked Pork Meatballs are a great option for weeknights. Sugar-free, grain-free, egg-free, and perfect for paleo, keto, or Whole30 diets.
This easy meatball recipe is on a weekly rotation in my house now. Even though it’s summer and I hate turning on the oven, I like to meal prep these in the morning and then just re-heat them for lunch or dinner.
They’re great on top of a salad, with zucchini noodles, gluten-free pasta, or in a sandwich. I love that these pork meatballs only take 20 minutes to bake in the oven, and they have vegetables cooked right in.
How to Bake Meatballs
I used to be intimidated by baking meatballs, but it’s actually really easy. I find that 20 minutes at 375 degrees F is the perfect amount of time. You can even sub the pork for beef and it’s the exact same recipe.
Also, I feel compelled to remind you how important it is to choose pasture-raised pork and beef as often as possible. This means choosing farmers and retailers who follow strict standards for how the animals are raised. For pork and beef products, I use and recommend US Wellness Meats (affiliate link included).
Baked Meatball Recipe
The steps to making these easy meatballs are:
- Mix the ground pork with the chopped onion, chopped pepper, and any spices.
- Use your hands to mix the ingredients together and form 15 meatballs.
- Bake the meatballs for 20 minutes and then either store them or serve them hot.
You can freeze them, too! Just bake them according to the directions, let them cool completely, and then freeze them in a zip-top bag. Then, when you want to serve them next, defrost them in the refrigerator and then re-heat them on the stovetop or in the microwave.
If you like this easy, 30-minute meatball recipe, you might also like these:
Be sure to pin this meatball recipe to save it for later:
Here’s the printable recipe for how to bake meatballs:Print
The Baked Pork Meatballs are a great option for weeknights. Sugar-free, grain-free, egg-free, and perfect for paleo, keto, or Whole30 diets.
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat your oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground pork, bell pepper, onion, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Use your hands to combine the mixture and form 15 meatballs. Lay them at least 1-inch apart on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 20 minutes. Let the meatballs cool for 5 minutes before serving.
To freeze the leftovers, let the meatballs cool completely. Place them in a zip-top bag and store in the freezer for up to 2 months. Let the meatballs defrost in the refrigerator before reheating them on the stovetop or in the microwave.
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!