These oven-baked kale chips are such an easy side dish or snack. They have the crunch of a potato chip, but retain their superfood status!
Spring has arrived in California which means the addition of some extra farmers’ markets, including one of my favorites at a local beach:
I know, as if I needed another reason to go to the market. On this trip, I ended up with a big bunch of curly kale which just screamed kale chips to me. Although I love using the dehydrator for this delicious treat, I was too impatient and so tried making them in the oven baked at a high temperature. Success!!!
The recipe is so simple – just bake the chips at 350°F for 8 minutes on one side, and then flip and bake for another 5-6 minutes. I used a bit of coconut oil to help them keep from sticking and to help them crisp up:
Here’s my recipe:Print
These oven-baked kale chips are a healthy snack or side dish made in 15 minutes!
- 1 large bunch curly kale
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil, melted
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper or aluminum foil for easy clean-up. Spray the baking sheets lightly with non-stick cooking spray.
- Use your hands to remove the kale leaves from the stems. Add the leaves to a salad spinner and wash thoroughly. Spin dry.
- Gently pat the kale dry using paper towels or a clean dish towel. Place them in a bowl and pour in the coconut oil.
- Use your hands to coat the kale with the oil.
- Place the kale leaves on the baking sheets, trying to keep the leaves from overlapping. Sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Bake at 350°F for 8 minutes. Flip the kale chips and return them to the oven. Bake for approximately 5-6 more minutes, or until the leaves start to become brown around the edges. Be careful not to burn.
- Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
Sorry, dehydrator, you lost.
P.S. I also have a Carrie on Living Amazon affiliate store where I list all of my favorite beauty items, kitchen devices, books, and other cool stuff that supports my lifestyle. Your purchase of any item on Amazon helps support my blog so thank you in advance!