When you need a quick lunch, you can make this Five Ingredient Chicken Salad recipe that is dairy-free, paleo, and Whole30-compliant!
Easy & Simple Chicken Salad
This dish is full of flavor, with only five simple ingredients.
If you have cooked chicken on hand, you can literally make this salad in 10 minutes or less. Pack it up in a cooler bag with some lemon poppy seed energy bites, some grain-free nacho tortilla chips, and a green juice and you’ve just made an epic easy meal.
If you want to make it for a party, then you’ll need to double or triple the recipe. But, the proportions will stay the same. The ingredients are literally just cooked shredded chicken, grapes, fresh dill, prepared mayo (make sure it’s Whole30 compliant, I recommend this one), and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
Choosing the Best Chicken
When choosing chicken to cook at home, I highly recommend purchasing organic, pasture-raised varieties. Yes, this will be more expensive than most chicken, but it’s really important! A natural label on chicken is meaningless; it’s important to get both organic and pasture-raised. To ensure I get poultry that meets these requirements, I use and recommend buying from U.S. Wellness Meats (affiliate link included).
Here’s the printable recipe for my 5-Ingredient Dairy-Free Chicken Salad:Print
The easiest chicken salad recipe you’ll ever find. Dairy-free, paleo, Whole30.
- 1 cup shredded cooked chicken, from about 1 large cooked chicken breasts or 2 medium chicken thighs.
- ¼ cup red or green grapes, sliced in half
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon prepared mayonnaise
- Combine the chicken, grapes, dill, lemon juice, and mayonnaise in a medium glass bowl.
- Use a spatula to gently mix the ingredients together, until the chicken is coated with the mayonnaise.
- Serve cold or at room temperature. Store any leftovers in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
You can easily double or triple this recipe for additional servings.
Feel free to add 1/2 cup of chopped celery. If you like spicy flavors, you can also add 1/4 teaspoon of dijon mustard.
Pin this recipe to save it for later!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!