Now’s the time of year when soups are the most comforting. Here’s a dairy-free & vegan Creamy Potato Leek Soup recipe that is simple and delicious.
This recipe is definitely blog-worthy because it’s so easy AND delicious. The trick is you need to have a baked russet potato before you start. Your leftover baked potato can be hot or cold, I zapped mine in the microwave for a few minutes before I added it to the blender. Oh yes, did I mention this soup gets made in the blender? That’s how it gets so creamy without actually having cream in it!
I used a half of a medium avocado, instead. The avocado makes it soooooo thick and nutritious.
What you’ll need for this Dairy-Free & Vegan Potato Leek Soup recipe:
- Baked russet potato, can be hot or cold
- Cooked chopped leeks
- Almond milk
- Avocado OR cashews
- High speed blender like a Blendtec
This Potato Leek Soup can be made as one big serving, or split into two side dish servings.
Here’s the recipe for this Vegan & Dairy-Free Potato Leek Blender Soup:Print
Make as a main or side dish. Dairy-free and vegan-friendly.
- 1 cup baked russet potato (about 1 medium potato)
- 1/3 cooked chopped leeks
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup broth (vegetable, chicken, or beef)
- 1/2 medium avocado or 1/4 cup cashews
- Combine the potato, leeks, almond milk, broth, and avocado in a high-speed blender.
- Blend until completely combined, about 30 seconds.
- Blend for an additional 5-6 minutes until hot, or transfer to a saucepan and heat to simmering on the stovetop.
- Serve with a grind of black pepper, if desired.
What you won’t need for this recipe is a kitty to help, ha ha.
Here’s a little video tutorial showing how to make this vegan potato leek soup:
And, please remember to pin this recipe to save it for later!
Don’t miss a recipe! Join my weekly newsletter list to get all the latest news and recipe links delivered directly to your inbox.
Sign up now and unsubscribe at any time. I will never sell your name or spam you, I promise!