Vegan Potato Leek Soup
This Vegan Potato Leek Soup is an easy recipe that you can make to warm up on a cold day. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free and so satisfying. This recipe can be made in less than 15 minutes if you have baked potatoes on hand.
We have had a cold winter in California this year, so I have been making tons of hot soups for lunch and dinner. There is just nothing like a bowl of soup to warm up your hands and your tummy, am I right?
This Vegan Potato Leek Soup recipe comes from my blog’s archives, but I’ve updated the recipe and photos since I’ve re-tested it. I think you’re really going to love how creamy and comforting this easy soup recipe is.
A lot of vegan soups use coconut milk to make them rich and creamy, but the coconut milk sometimes makes the soup taste too tropical for my taste. So, I often use blended cashews to give that characteristic creamy taste and texture to my dairy-free soups.
How Does it Taste?
This Vegan Potato Leek Soup is so incredibly thick and creamy. It has a lovely potato flavor, with the added onion flavor from the cooked leeks. It is simply scrumptious!
This recipe is also very healthy. It is high in carbs, yes, but it is also low in fat. It doesn’t feel too heavy and I hope you love it as much as I do.
I do recommend having a high-speed blender for this Vegan Potato Leek Soup recipe, as that is the only way you can really get the cashews blended into the soup.
You can also heat up the soup right in your blender, or you can transfer it to the stovetop to heat to simmering. This recipe can be made in less than 15 minutes if you have baked potatoes on hand.
This soup can be made as two big servings, or split into four side dish servings.
Other Healthy Soup Recipes You Might Like
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
This Vegan Potato Leek Soup is an easy recipe that you can make to warm up on a cold day. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, with no coconut.
- 2 cups baked russet potatoes (from about 2 medium cooked potatoes), skin removed
- 1/3 cooked chopped leeks
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 cup reduced sodium vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup cashews, soaked in hot water for at least 15 minutes, and then drained
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper (optional, for topping)
- chopped fresh chives (optional, for topping)
- Combine the potatoes, leeks, almond milk, broth, salt, and cashews in the base of a high-speed blender.
- Blend until completely combined, about 30-45 seconds.
- Blend for an additional 5-6 minutes until hot, or transfer to a saucepan and heat to simmering on the stovetop.
- Serve with a grind of black pepper and a sprinkle of fresh chives, if desired.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
- Category: Soup
- Method: Blender
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: dairy-free potato leek soup made in a blender, vegan soup, vegan potato soup
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.