Air-Fryer Mini Blueberry Muffins
This recipe for Air-Fryer Mini Blueberry Muffins only take 10 minutes to bake. These muffins are a healthy and delicious snack or dessert that both kids and adults love. This recipe can be made gluten-free, grain-free, paleo, or vegan.
What is an Air-Fryer?
An air-fryer is a mini convection oven that helps foods cook faster and crisper. This means that you can make all kinds of foods that you would normally make in the oven or use a lot of oil to get crisp.
I get a lot of questions about what kinds of foods you can make in an air-fryer. My answer is that you can cook anything in an air-fryer that you would normally make in the oven, but the benefit is that the food will cook much faster and with less oil.
There are several reasons why I prefer to use the air-fryer over my oven.
- There’s usually no pre-heating necessary with an air-fryer so it saves time.
- Food in an air-fryer cooks faster than in an oven so it’s more efficient.
- The air-fryer doesn’t heat up the kitchen the way an oven does.
The ingredients for making these air-fryer blueberry muffins are simple and basic.
You could cut my recipe in half if you want to make just one batch. I made two batches of muffins which amounted to 14 mini muffins total (I used the silicone mold from this air-fryer accessories set).
Combine the dry ingredients including the frozen blueberries in a big bowl and give them a stir.
As always, please do see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Combine the wet ingredients in a small bowl and pour them into the dry ingredients.
Stir the batter and use a tablespoon to divide half the mixture into a lightly-greased pan. Bake the muffins in the air fryer at 350F degrees for 10 minutes.
Then, remove the baked muffins to a cooling rack and re-fill the muffin pan with the rest of the batter to bake the rest of them. Enjoy warm!
You can use any tin or mold in your air-fryer that is oven-safe.
Yes! I would recommend 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until they are golden brown on top.
Yes, just use coconut oil instead of ghee and a flax egg for the egg. You will also need to use almond milk.
Yes, just use a grain-free baking flour, and use ghee or coconut oil for the fat. Use unsweetened almond milk for the milk.
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like
- Air Fryer Baked Apples
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Kale Chips
- Air Fryer Chocolate Chip Cookies
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
These Air-Fryer Mini Blueberry Muffins only take 10 minutes to bake. They’re a healthy and delicious snack or dessert that both kids and adults love.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup whole wheat or gluten-free flour
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 regular egg or flax egg*
- ¼ cup melted butter, ghee, or coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup milk or unsweetened almond milk
- Spray a silicone mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking oil and set aside.
- Combine the frozen blueberries, flour, coconut sugar, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Stir to combine.
- Next, combine the applesauce, egg, butter, vanilla extract, and milk in a small mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Pour the wet mixture into the dry mixture and stir to combine.
- Use a tablespoon to fill the muffin wells ¾ of the way full.
- Place the muffin pan on the tray of your air-fryer. Set the temperature to 360 degrees for 10 minutes.
- When the cooking time is up, remove the muffin tin and transfer the muffins to a cooling rack.
- Next, use your spoon to divide the rest of the batter into the muffin pan and repeat the baking process.
- Serve warm, and refrigerate or freeze any leftover muffins.
- Oven directions: bake the muffins at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until the tops are golden-brown.
- *To make a flax egg, place 1 tablespoon of ground flaxseed in a small bowl. Add three tablespoons of water and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes to set. Then, use in place of a regular egg.
- Category: Dessert
- Method: Air-fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: air-fryer blueberry muffins, gluten-free muffins, air-fryer healthy recipe
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.