Best Air Fryer Hamburgers
This easy and delicious Air Fryer Hamburger recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. This recipe is super fast and is full of flavor.
I don’t know about you, but I’m too lazy to get the grill out on most nights. I much prefer to do the cooking in my kitchen where it’s temperature-controlled and comfortable.
It turns out, the air-fryer is perfect for making hamburgers that even have grill marks. This method is my new favorite way for cooking burgers.
This Air Fryer Burger recipe is:
- easy to make,
- gluten-free and dairy-free,
- and only takes 16 minutes cooking time.
The first step to making Air Fryer Hamburgers is to gather up your ingredients. I like to use grass-fed, grass-finished ground beef whenever I make burgers. Since grass-fed meat tends to be more expensive than feedlot meat, I usually buy it online or from a local farmer. I have an extra freezer in my garage for my bulk orders.
Next, make the burger patties by mixing the ground beef, mustard, ketchup and one egg in a bowl, and then using your hands to form the patties. One pound of ground meat can make 4 normal size burgers, or 6 sliders.
Then, just set the cooking time to 360 degrees and let the burgers cook for 16 minutes. I sometimes flip them once during the cooking time, but it’s not an absolute necessity since the air-fryer does an excellent job of circulating the hot air.
Serve your burgers hot, on a bun or a salad, with your favorite toppings.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of your air fryer to keep it from smoking when the excess oil from the meat drips to the bottom.
- Let the burgers rest for about 5 minutes after cooking before serving. This helps keep all the juices inside and keeps the burgers from drying out.
- Feel free to get creative with how you serve your air fryer burger. Instead of a bun, I often serve my burgers on top of a Romaine Salad with Simple Vinaigrette.
What leanness of beef do you recommend?
It’s up to you. The farm where I buy my meat sells 90% lean beef.
What else can I serve with my hamburgers?
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Easiest Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Broccoli Florets
- Air Fryer Green Beans
Here is the printable recipe:Print
Best Air Fryer Hamburgers
This easy and delicious Air Fryer Hamburger recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, and is full of flavor.
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 16 minutes
- Total Time: 31 minutes
- Yield: 4 1x
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- Diet: Gluten Free
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ cup water
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, ketchup, and mustard. Use your hands to stir together and then form four patties.
- Place the patties on the tray of an air-fryer.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the basket.
- Cook the burgers at 360°F for 16 minutes, or until the tops of the burgers have browned.
- Use tongs or a spatula to remove the hamburgers to a plate. Let the burgers rest for five minutes before serving.
Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Keywords: how to cook burgers in an air fryer, gluten free hamburgers, air fried burgers