Best Air Fryer Hamburgers
This easy and delicious Air Fryer Hamburger recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. This recipe is super fast and is full of flavor.
I don’t know about you, but I’m too lazy to get the grill out on most nights. I much prefer to do the cooking in my kitchen where it’s temperature-controlled and comfortable.
It turns out, the air-fryer is perfect for making hamburgers that even have grill marks. This method is my new favorite way for cooking burgers.
This Air Fryer Burger recipe is:
- easy to make,
- gluten-free and dairy-free,
- and only takes 16 minutes cooking time.
The first step to making Air Fryer Hamburgers is to gather up your ingredients. I like to use grass-fed, grass-finished ground beef whenever I make burgers.
Since grass-fed meat tends to be more expensive than feedlot meat, I usually buy it online or from a local farmer. I have an extra freezer in my garage for my bulk orders.
Next, make the burger patties by mixing the ground beef, mustard, ketchup and one egg in a bowl, and then using your hands to form the patties. One pound of ground meat can make 4 normal size burgers, or 6 sliders.
Then, just set the cooking time to 360 degrees and let the burgers cook for 16 minutes. I sometimes flip them once during the cooking time, but it’s not an absolute necessity since the air-fryer does an excellent job of circulating the hot air.
Serve your burgers hot, on a bun or a salad, with your favorite toppings.
- Add about 1/2 cup of water to the bottom of your air fryer to keep it from smoking when the excess oil from the meat drips to the bottom.
- Let the burgers rest for about 5 minutes after cooking before serving. This helps keep all the juices inside and keeps the burgers from drying out.
- Feel free to get creative with how you serve your air fryer burger. Instead of a bun, I often serve my burgers on top of a Romaine Salad with Simple Vinaigrette.
- This recipe also goes great with my Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts with Bacon.
What leanness of beef do you recommend?
It’s up to you. The farm where I buy my meat sells 90% lean beef.
What else can I serve with my hamburgers?
Other Air Fryer Recipes You Might Like
- Air Fryer Orange Chicken
- Easiest Air Fryer Turkey Burgers
- Air Fryer Sweet Potato Fries
- Air Fryer Brussels Sprouts
- Air Fryer Broccoli Florets
- Air Fryer Green Beans
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.Print
This easy and delicious Air Fryer Hamburger recipe is perfect for a quick and easy dinner. This recipe is gluten-free and dairy-free, and is full of flavor.
- 1 pound grass-fed ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon ketchup
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- ½ cup water
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the ground beef, egg, ketchup, and mustard. Use your hands to stir together and then form four patties.
- Place the patties on the tray of an air-fryer.
- Pour the water into the bottom of the basket.
- Cook the burgers at 360°F for 16 minutes, or until the tops of the burgers have browned.
- Use tongs or a spatula to remove the hamburgers to a plate. Let the burgers rest for five minutes before serving.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly-sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. Reheat before serving.
- Category: Main Dish
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: how to cook burgers in an air fryer, gluten free hamburgers, air fried burgers
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.