Ginger Lemon Shot with Orange Juice
Start your day with this bright and tangy Ginger Lemon Shot with Orange Juice. This recipe is easy to make, and is high in vitamin C to boost the immune system. You only need a few simple ingredients to make this healthy juice that you can take as a wellness shot.
This is a homemade and budget-friendly version of the ginger shots you see at the store. This healthy juice is made using easy-to-find ingredients without a lot of fuss.
You can make this Ginger Wellness Shot in a juicer or blender. Plus, by making them at home, you reduce plastic waste and save money from buying the packaged versions.
Why You Need This Recipe
- The recipe for a Ginger Lemon Shot is a great way to get over 50% of the daily recommended intake and daily value of Vitamin C. Vitamin C is one nutrient that is very important in supporting the body’s immune system.
- The other ingredients including apple cider vinegar, ground turmeric, and fresh ginger are have immune-boosting and anti-inflammatory properties. See my related article on How to Boost the Immune System When You’re Sick.
- Ginger shot recipes are very forgiving and adaptable. If you don’t have an ingredient, just leave it out.
Fresh oranges and lemons make the base of this healthy juice shot. They are rich in vitamin C and have antioxidant properties.
Try to find the freshest and sweetest oranges you can find as the orange flavor will help mask the tartness of the other ingredients.
Fresh ginger adds a flavor kick and spices up this wellness shot. Ginger is also known to help the digestive system.
Look for fresh ginger in the produce section of your local grocery store. From helping an upset stomach to digestive health to other various ailments, ginger is a great ingredient to keep on hand.
Apple cider vinegar adds more kick and health properties. ACV can help lower blood sugar levels and is a great ingredient for homemade ginger shots. See my related recipe for Apple Cider Vinegar and Lemon Juice.
Turmeric and cayenne are the final ingredients in these lemon ginger shots that pack a spicy kick and a health punch. Turmeric is a powerful anti-inflammatory ingredient.
You can make this homemade Ginger Lemon Shot in a juicer or a blender. Let me show you how to make this easy recipe.
To use a juicer, simply juice the ingredients. To use a high speed blender, blend the ingredients and then strain the juice to remove the pulp.
Gather your ingredients and cut the peel the oranges, lemon, and ginger.
Use the back of a spoon to remove the skin from the ginger.
Feed the citrus and ginger through your juicer.
Or, if you want to make this recipe in a blender, combine the ingredients and blend for 30 seconds. Then, strain the blended mixture through a nut milk bag to help filter the pulp.
See my more detailed posts on juicing with a Vitamix, best juicer blenders, or the Best Ginger Juicers.
Please see the recipe card at the end of this post for the exact ingredients and measurements.
Stir in the apple cider vinegar and serve your Lemon Ginger Cayenne Shot with a sprinkle of ground cayenne pepper and ground turmeric on top to maximize all of the potential health benefits.
Serve right away and enjoy! I hope you agree that this healthy shot increases energy levels and is the perfect way to start the day.
Recipe Tips & Substitutions
- If you want to make this Ginger Lemon Shot less sweet, use 3 lemons and leave out the oranges. Or, use coconut water as the base.
- If you also want to add some live probiotics, feel free to stir in a tablespoon or two of kombucha just before serving. The probiotics have health benefits including gut health. See more foods with natural probiotics.
- You can drink this juice as part of your daily routine, not just during flu season. You can even use it when you have an upset stomach, although you should leave out the cayenne pepper in that case.
- Want a little extra sweetness? Try adding a teaspoon of raw honey or manuka honey. Or, try a shot of maple syrup.
To make fresh juice in a blender, you just need to add the same ingredients to a high-speed blender like a Blendtec or a Vitamix, turn on high, and blend until smooth. Pour the mixture through a nut milk bag to catch the fiber, and then enjoy the juice as a shot.
I highly recommend using a masticating type juicer if you want to make juice a lot at home. It’s an investment, but it’s not outrageously expensive. I have an Omega juicer and am very happy with it.
Read more about how to pick a juicer or the Best Juicer for Ginger to find one that is perfect for your needs.
This juice has a very strong lemon flavor, plus a zesty flavor from the ginger and apple cider vinegar. It is best taken as a shot, followed with a sip of plain water to help wash it down.
You can definitely leave the pulp if you wish. The texture will be thicker, more like a smoothie, so it is really just personal preference.
Yes, absolutely! But fresh turmeric is usually more difficult to find, which is why I recommend using ground turmeric. See my related recipe for a Turmeric Shot.
More Healthy Juice Recipes You Might Like
- Celery Juice
- Carrot Juice
- Celery Cucumber Juice
- Cucumber Juice
- Beet Juice
- Green Vegetable Juice
- Lemon & Ginger Green Juice
Don’t Miss These Juicing Resources
I hope you make this recipe! If you do, please leave a comment and a starred review below.
And, consider following me on social media so we can stay connected. I’m on Facebook, Pinterest, Instagram, and YouTube!Print
Ginger Lemon Shot with Orange Juice
Start your day with this bright and tangy Ginger Lemon Shot. This recipe is easy to make, and is high in vitamin C to boost the immune system. You only need a few simple ingredients to make this healthy juice that you can take as a wellness shot.
- Total Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 naval oranges, peeled and chopped into large slices
- 1 lemon, with the peel cut off and cut into quarters
- 1 1-inch piece of fresh ginger, with the peel cut off
- 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- pinch of cayenne pepper
- pinch of ground turmeric
- Gather your ingredients and cut the peel off the oranges, lemon, and ginger.
- Feed the orange slices, lemon slices, and ginger through your juicer. Pour the juice into a jar and stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- Or, if you want to make this recipe in a blender, combine the peeled and chopped oranges, lemon, and ginger in the pitcher of a blender and blend for 30 seconds. You may need to add 1/4 of water to help the ingredients blend smoothly. Then, strain the blended mixture through a nut milk bag to help filter the pulp. Pour the juice into a jar and stir in the apple cider vinegar.
- To serve the immunity shot, pour it into a small glass and sprinkle the top with the ground turmeric and ground cayenne pepper.
- You can make this recipe in a juicer or a blender.
- Store any leftovers in a tightly sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 48 hours. This juice is best served immediately after making it.
- Feel free to use lemon juice or lime juice in this wellness shot.
- If you also want to add some live probiotics, feel free to stir in a tablespoon or two of kombucha just before serving. The probiotics have health benefits including gut health.
- You can drink this juice as part of your daily routine, not just during flu season.
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Category: Juice
- Method: Juicer
- Cuisine: Healthy
- Diet: Vegan
Keywords: immune boosting juice, ginger shot, juice shot
Don’t forget to join the Clean Eating Kitchen newsletter. You’ll get my Clean Eating Quick Start Guide, plus links to all the latest recipes.
One of my favorite homemade juices to make!
Can I leave the pulp?
Yes, absolutely, if you want to!